Board logo

GTS - Awesome new dash board
dozracing - 10/2/05 at 07:19 PM

Hi all,

I'm chuffed to bits with my latest new products. See the picture below (which doesn't do it any justice) of our new carbon effect dash.

It comes in two forms, either as pictured for a lovely fit in the GTS scuttle, or in an oversized form for cutting down and fitting in Luego, MK etc, scuttles.

The gauges fit in individual pods that all angle towards the driver, and every edge is returned with SVA compliant returns.

Available in a range of finishes, but, the carbon effect is likely to be the most popular.

They are on an introductory offer for the coming ten days at £65, and will be orderable from the website in the next few hours.

[Edited on 11/2/05 by dozracing] Rescued attachment vac-dash.jpg
Rescued attachment vac-dash.jpg

flak monkey - 10/2/05 at 07:37 PM

Looks really good to me Darren . What will the 'normal' price be out of interest? Also what size instruments fit?

Cheers,
David

dblissett - 10/2/05 at 09:23 PM

hello darren will it fit a pluss four and are the holes for 80mm gauges
cheers dave

pbura - 10/2/05 at 10:03 PM

You could use some more pics on your site, Darren. I went to take a peek at the dash and to see if you had any W7DE pics up yet, and was stunned by this one:

Great job!

flak monkey - 10/2/05 at 10:10 PM

I agree. I really like the look of the GTS car, some nice big piccys would be really nice .

Also what wheels are those on the car...they look rather nice.

David

Hellfire - 11/2/05 at 04:27 AM

Development is good... good to see you're moving on with some nice products Darren... ATB

dozracing - 11/2/05 at 07:14 AM

Glad you like the look of the car. The car doesn't look right without a screen to me, and the guys who made the dash for me are now working on a Westfield style double bubble aeroscreen for me.

I've also changed the colour of the demo car to black, and once we have finished it ready for Detling i think with the aeroscreen it should take some nice(r) pictures than we currently get with the red.

I might be shooting myself in the foot developing a Locost with nice bits, rather than moving a new product into a more profitable market, but, i kinda enjoy developing bits and the Locost is the market i'm in and know best.

I made a mistake last week trying to get a local (non racecar) supplier to make some bits for me, and they were just not on my wave length and the bits weren't up to scratch. They are now in thebin, and i'm sticking to racecar people from now on, because they are the only ones who can do the right job. The dash was made by a company that i worked with in F1, and they have done a fantastic job on it.

The normal price will be £78.

It takes 80mm rev and speedo gauges and the others are 50mm. Also there is a recessed area for your lights, thats designed to take the "Bright 6" display.

+4" will be available shortly after we finish off the W7DE wide car and bodywork.

I bought the wheels on Ebay for £200, i thought they were a bargain. Theres not a lot on the demo car thats not off ebay apart obviously from the bits i make and supply.

Thats enough new stuff for this week anyway. I'm off on holiday for a week, and hopefully when i return i'll have my fancy aeroscreen to tell you all about.

Kind regards,

Darren

[Edited on 11/2/05 by dozracing]

zetec - 11/2/05 at 08:32 AM

Looks a bit like mine shape wise.

flange nut - 11/2/05 at 10:09 PM

Hi Darren,

It's a pity you've disappearing off on holiday as I have a few questions about the dash. Could you give me some dimensions, total width, depth, distance of steering column cut out from the right hand side and are the instruments recessed to help with SVA?
Thanks.

Geoff

Mix - 12/2/05 at 09:58 AM

Sorry if it's my interpretation of the regulations or misreading of the photo, but that bottom edge of the dash looks to be less than 19mm radius. Also I was under the impression that if it were 'contactable' the radius rule applies so would that not mean that the radius would have to continue a lot futher around?

Mick

kartsmart - 12/2/05 at 10:38 AM

On behalf of Darren, here are the requested dimensions.

Width 1003mm.

Height at centre 310mm.

Column 210mm in.

All rads on the face are greater than 5mm,
the bottom rad is 19mm, and finishes at a full 90 degrees.This is how other moulded dashes are finished.

wilkingj - 12/2/05 at 11:43 PM

What about the width of the larger dash... I have a Viento.. and I like the look of the dash..