Board logo

Is this ok?
speedyxjs - 23/3/10 at 07:05 PM

Just wanted to check this would be ok for IVA as there is nowt in the manual about seat belt mounting width in relation to the seat, only height. Rescued attachment DSC00353.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC00353.JPG

jacko - 23/3/10 at 07:15 PM

I Think it will be ok
One thing i think you have to have a head rest for IVA know

speedyxjs - 23/3/10 at 07:18 PM

That is my head rest. My head just doesnt touch it.

[Edited on 23-3-10 by speedyxjs]

StevieB - 23/3/10 at 07:24 PM

The headrest has to be in a certain location to pass IVA - best check up on that rule

speedyxjs - 23/3/10 at 07:26 PM

Quote from IVA manual:
6. A system of head restraint must be fitted on every outboard front seat.

These are the seats i have. You've got me worried now Jacko!

jacko - 23/3/10 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
That is my head rest. My head just doesnt touch it.

Well its no good then the head rest has to be above the seat belts

speedyxjs - 23/3/10 at 07:35 PM

Crap, crap, crap!

Just looked in the IVA manual. Top of head rest must be 700mm above a 50mm block placed on seat, i only have 600

Also read that 'The head restraint must be securely attached to the seat.' which it is not. Well thats £160 down the drain

jacko - 23/3/10 at 07:41 PM

Are you saying the belts hit the top of the seats / head rest and not your shoulders ?
i don't think the belts should do that
When i had my SVA the belts where not aloud to touch the seats

jacko - 23/3/10 at 07:41 PM

Sorry

speedyxjs - 23/3/10 at 07:44 PM

Would it be ok to lift the headrest up to a suitable position so it meets the required dimensions and the seatbelt goes under the headrest and glue it (uber strong glue obviously) in place?

jacko - 23/3/10 at 07:49 PM

now i think you are getting there
lift the head rest belts under it
How are the h/rests fixed on ? will they pull up or down on slides?

speedyxjs - 23/3/10 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jacko
now i think you are getting there
lift the head rest belts under it
How are the h/rests fixed on ? will they pull up or down on slides?

They are not fixed on. they just slide into a couple of tubes in the seat.

jacko - 23/3/10 at 07:52 PM

How far in do they go ?
Can you pull them right out ?

iscmatt - 23/3/10 at 08:02 PM

Pull them right out and put a bolt through the headrest tube to ensure doesn't slide back down? It says in the advert they are adjustable, if you can heighten the headrest, but the belts between the headrest and the seat you will have no probs

speedyxjs - 23/3/10 at 08:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jacko
How far in do they go ?
Can you pull them right out ?

They go in about 200mm and yes, they pull right out.

speedyxjs - 23/3/10 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iscmatt
Pull them right out and put a bolt through the headrest tube to ensure doesn't slide back down? It says in the advert they are adjustable, if you can heighten the headrest, but the belts between the headrest and the seat you will have no probs

Not sure that would work as they still wouldnt be secure (they would still just pull out)

iscmatt - 23/3/10 at 08:17 PM

So is it possible to pull them up 10cm (to meet the 700mm requirement) and PU them in place? would this bother you regards to looks?

speedyxjs - 23/3/10 at 08:19 PM

quote:
So is it possible to pull them up 10cm (to meet the 700mm requirement) and PU them in place? would this bother you regards to looks?

Im not bothered about the looks. So long as it would be IVA ok.

iscmatt - 23/3/10 at 08:52 PM

"So is it possible to pull them up 10cm (to meet the 700mm requirement) and PU them in place?"

So if the above is possible and you can run the seat-belts under the headrests then this would be acceptable at IVA AFIK.

speedyxjs - 23/3/10 at 09:15 PM

quote:
"So is it possible to pull them up 10cm (to meet the 700mm requirement) and PU them in place?"

So if the above is possible and you can run the seat-belts under the headrests then this would be acceptable at IVA AFIK.

Yes it would be possible. Thats a relief!

Thanks alot guys

hicost blade - 23/3/10 at 09:58 PM

Don't the seat belts need to be bolted directly to the main chassis, eg not a bolt on roll bar?? I maybe wron but I think you can only bolt them to the roll bar if its welded on to the chassis

iscmatt - 23/3/10 at 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hicost blade
Don't the seat belts need to be bolted directly to the main chassis, eg not a bolt on roll bar?? I maybe wron but I think you can only bolt them to the roll bar if its welded on to the chassis

again SVA vs IVA

I know for SVA it is no problem at all

DavidM - 23/3/10 at 10:23 PM

I don't know about IVA but for SVA the top mount for diagonal belts had to be offset a minimum distance from the centre of the seat.

David

speedyxjs - 24/3/10 at 04:01 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hicost blade

again SVA vs IVA

I know for SVA it is no problem at all

I cant find anything in the IVA manual about this.

speedyxjs - 24/3/10 at 04:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DavidM
I don't know about IVA but for SVA the top mount for diagonal belts had to be offset a minimum distance from the centre of the seat.

David

I cant find anything in the manual about that either. Any idea what it was for SVA?