Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Caterham wheel weight - Black or Silver Wheel 6 x 13
black.viper

posted on 1/7/08 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
Caterham wheel weight - Black or Silver Wheel 6 x 13

Hi, does anybody know what is weight this wheels from Caterham online shop
Black or Silver Wheel 6 x 13 - the price is 108 for Black and 99 for Silver - Caterham shop - Wheels and Tyres pages
I cannot find the information about the weight on the net .

Cheers, Petr

Im building Tiger Cat E1 Duratec engine

iiyama

posted on 1/7/08 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
Cant help with the wieght, but be warned that Ive bought from there and they and it wasnt a good experience!

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

richardh

posted on 1/7/08 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
go for some pro-race 1.2's
much lighter and better quality

indykid

posted on 1/7/08 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richardh
go for some pro-race 1.2's
much lighter and better quality

or some pro race 1s. even lighter still.

i very much doubt they're better quality though. in the course of getting my wheels, i had 2 with pin holes in the casting so they didn't hold air. from working at halfords, i can tell you it seems to be quite common with team dynamics wheels.

tom

Hammerhead

posted on 1/7/08 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
I'd suggest a search on blatchat

welderman

posted on 1/7/08 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
check the link, ive got some cxr's.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=87314 Rescued attachment Image005.jpg
Rescued attachment Image005.jpg

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

hobbsy

posted on 1/7/08 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
They don't do the Team Dynamics Pro Race in 13's though do they?

CXR's are strong but not very light - same weight in 13x6 as an OZ Super/Ultraleggera in 15x7

If only they did 13" OZ Super/UltraL's (don't confuse with SuperT's - they heavy!)

black.viper

posted on 1/7/08 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by welderman
check the link, ive got some cxr's.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=87314

Thx for reply - your wheels are very nice, but I will prefer Team dynamics 1.2 Pro race 13" - becouse they are for same price and weight is only 4.68kg (yours CRX have around 5kg).

For Hobbsy - yes, they do the Team Dynamics Pro Race in 13" - see this Link

And please, return to my question:
does anybody know what is weight this wheels from Caterham online shop Black or Silver Wheel 6 x 13

Im doing overview of 13" and 15" wheels weight and this one are there missing

Cheers, Petr

For example:

[Edited on 1/7/08 by black.viper]

hobbsy

posted on 1/7/08 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
4.68Kg isn't that light for a 13" inch cast wheel though. Its not that much of a saving over ~5Kg for a CXR anyway.

I wouldn't mind a copy of that spreadsheet and also some more info on the very lightest one you've got their - what does it say "Taylor"?

You are also missing Avon ACB10's from that list - I know its cheating a bit as they are crossply rather than radials but if you're looking for the lightest combo you can't do much better than them (and you can get road legal versions)

Depending on the size they are <5Kg, so I think my set of Mike Barnby R500's mag split rims plus ACB10 rubber is <40Kg for the set of 4.

However the current ACB10's I have a too low profile so I can't run them at the moment.

So back to mid 50Kg's for 4x OZ Ultraleggera and R888's (195/50-15 on 15x7's)...

black.viper

posted on 1/7/08 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Hobbsy, I´ll try answer

"4.68Kg isn't that light for a 13" inch cast wheel though. Its not that much of a saving over ~5Kg for a CXR anyway"
You are absolutly right, but which 13" are lighter and for reasonable price? Pro Race and CRX are about 100-110 quid. So, better are 13" Lenso VPD 3,5kg for $147 but PCD is $100 or Revolution 4-Spoke Race with 4,3kg but I cannot find anywhere price for it and shop.... Image Bilet with 4kg for £188 or Superlit Cast Center 3 Piece with 4,5kg for £160... and more and more.... for me is reasonable price for it no more then £110 and weight no so much over 4,6kg If you know something lighter and cheaper, pls, let me know I will be your borrower

"I wouldn't mind a copy of that spreadsheet and also some more info on the very lightest one you've got their - what does it say "Taylor"?"
I found this name in a lof of overview, but I still dont find more information... sorry!

"You are also missing Avon ACB10's from that list - I know its cheating a bit as they are crossply rather than radials but if you're looking for the lightest combo you can't do much better than them (and you can get road legal versions)"
Find weight of some tyres is hard... I have what I have and sometimes Im very lucky that I found something Weight Avon ACB10's tyres I still dont have - If you know, pls, writte it. Thx

"Depending on the size they are <5Kg, so I think my set of Mike Barnby R500's mag split rims plus ACB10 rubber is <40Kg for the set of 4."
Its greate set but I cannot find price of MB R500 and where is possible buy this wonderfull rims - I still searching but lof of informations are hidden before me and do you know shop in UK where is possible buy ACB10? (I found only in USA )

"However the current ACB10's I have a too low profile so I can't run them at the moment. So back to mid 50Kg's for 4x OZ Ultraleggera and R888's (195/50-15 on 15x7's)..."

I can use ACB10's only for track days - due to low profile - ground clearence - we have very bad roads here in Czech republic (like rally )

And why not 15" OZ + R888 (thay have 4x5,2+4x8,8=56kg) better is use 15" Rota Attack with A048 (4x4,5+4*8=50kg) and price for 4x Rota Attack is $385...

...yeah, I started bulding with mind that I will use 15" wheels but during the build I change opinion to 13" from this reasons:
1. Cheaper tyres
2. Considerable mass is concentrate closer to centre of wheel (little bit less moment of inertia)
3. Tyre 205/60 13" is more confortable for Czech rally roads (why not 185/60 13"? - due to ground clearance with same reason) then 15" 195/50 or 205/50

So, best 13" lightweight rim for reasonable price is Lenso VPD but it have PCD 4x100 - How cheaply solved problem with converting to 4x108...? (Or how change car PCD to 4x100 cheaply?) Becouse under 4kg for 13" rims is price over £188

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.