Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: nissan sr20det diff
deanwilson

posted on 27/11/07 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
nissan sr20det diff

hi there i am building a nissan powerd locost and i have come to make the diff area and one of the drive shafts are shorter then the other and if i get the drive shafts equal on both sides the diff anit in then middle then has any one used an s14 diff and what have they done about th e problem i throught about making a spacer where thr drive shaft bolts to the diff would this work
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 27/11/07 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Dont know about the nissan diff and drive shafts BUT the sierra diff has one driveshaft shorter than the other.

Paul

Paul (Notts)

posted on 27/11/07 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
this is how it works with the sierra diff Rescued attachment aug07 001diff.JPG
Rescued attachment aug07 001diff.JPG

Humbug

posted on 27/11/07 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Jasper's got a Nissan engine... not sure what diff, though.
graememk

posted on 27/11/07 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
i'm using a nissan engine and box but using ford diff

James

posted on 28/11/07 at 02:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
Jasper's got a Nissan engine... not sure what diff, though.

Sierra.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

deanwilson

posted on 28/11/07 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
how can i get round the problem then as the pic of the sieera diff is the same as mine
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Liam

posted on 29/11/07 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
What problem?

The shafts are different lengths so that the diff is in the middle.

Or are you saying your diff is like the sierra's but your shafts are equal length?

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
deanwilson

posted on 30/11/07 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
na my drive shafts are different lengths but when i get the diff in the middle the prop dont go don the middle

MikeRJ

posted on 1/12/07 at 12:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deanwilson
na my drive shafts are different lengths but when i get the diff in the middle the prop dont go don the middle

Not sure I understood that?

You need to align the diff so the prop flange is (more or less) in the middle of the transmission tunnel. Because of the way a diff is constructed, this will mean the diff housing is offset to one side, which is why one driveshaft needs to be longer than the other.

Ivan

posted on 1/12/07 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
I would look at the nissan where the diff came from and then set it up that way. i.e. - does the Nissan have the prop flange in the centre of the car or off to one side.

It's fairly normal to have your prop flange an inch or two to one side as universal joints work best if not in a straight line - nearly all solid axles are that way.

deanwilson

posted on 1/12/07 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
i solved the problem now it does fit it fitted from the begining the problem was that i took the drive shafts off and then but them on the wrong side so it would nether of lined up so thanks for all your help from the begin it was me being stupied

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.