Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Confused over Goodridge Sierra brakeline kit...
John.Taylor

posted on 31/1/07 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Confused over Goodridge Sierra brakeline kit...

My Goodridge Sierra (non cossie) brakeline kit arrived for my Indy this morning and I'm confused over the fittings on the longer hoses.

The two shorter hoses (presumably for the rear disks) have male ends at each end which is fine as one end will screw into the caliper and the other end will accept the flared 3/16 solid brakepipe via a female fitting.

The longer hoses (presumably for the front) have a male fitting at one end and a female at the other. I assume that the caliper accepts a male fitting (but I can't check whilst I get home) and the female fitting goes to a bracket on the chasis. The only problem is, a flare on the solid brake pipe won't mate up to the female fitting and my flaring tool doesn't have the facility to produce an inverted flare as below.

Is everyone else using flexibles with all male fittings (thus I have the wrong ones) or is there some kind of special fitting that you're all using that I don't know about? Rescued attachment Inverted Flare.jpg
Rescued attachment Inverted Flare.jpg

John.Taylor

posted on 31/1/07 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
When I was last at MK I asked which ones they used and they told me to get standard Sierra ones so I presume that they are correct?
John.Taylor

posted on 31/1/07 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry about the quality...
John.Taylor

posted on 31/1/07 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Another...
John.Taylor

posted on 31/1/07 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Another...
PAUL FISHER

posted on 31/1/07 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
You need,4x part number Goodridge FMV SS-106,these are the kind used in a standard MK kit.
John.Taylor

posted on 31/1/07 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
I thought that they should be male fittings all around. If anyone else has bought Goodridge kits for an MK Indy, can you tell me what the kit reference on the pack was? The ones I have are SFD0302-4P (Ford Sierra RWD). Which ones do I need?
02GF74

posted on 31/1/07 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
I think I am correct in saying all those are male fittings (female are like a deep nut) but thee ends are concave/convex. You need to make the complementary flare on your pipes.

If you pipes are already made up and you are unable to change that, then easiest is to specify exaclty the ends and length (you can trial fit them to see the length is right) and return them.

John.Taylor

posted on 31/1/07 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
My local motor factors have already said that they will make up the pipes if I mess up the flaring so I guess that I'd better take the Brakeline kits that I have down for them to have a look at.

And I thought that the brakes would be the easiest bit!

John.Taylor

posted on 31/1/07 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Paul, I think that FMV SS-106 is the Department of Transport (DOT) regulation that the Goodridge Brakeline kits conform to rather than the Model Number.

Still interested in the correct model number if anyone has it as swapping them seems the easiest option.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 31/1/07 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John.Taylor
Paul, I think that FMV SS-106 is the Department of Transport (DOT) regulation that the Goodridge Brakeline kits conform to rather than the Model Number.

Still interested in the correct model number if anyone has it as swapping them seems the easiest option.

Yes your right John,its just Ive got a set in a box in my garage,that Ive never used,as I needed different ones for the brakes Ive fitted,so I just posted what I thought was the part number

mark chandler

posted on 31/1/07 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Just out of interest how much do these cost ?

I only ask as I got a Goodrich brakehose kit for a Landrover "90" which is ideal and costs around £25, set of three hoses metric.

Regards Mark

robinj66

posted on 31/1/07 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look here - no idea if the price is OTT or not

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Goodridge-Brake-line-Kit-Ford-Sierra-RWD-Not-Cosworth_W0QQitemZ8073423441QQihZ019QQcategoryZ23013QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

NTDWM

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.