Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cheap sierra brake parts - where !
richyb

posted on 10/10/04 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
cheap sierra brake parts - where !

i went to a local shop to get some overhaul kits for my sierra calipers the kit consists of a rubber dust shroud, and a rubber seal for the cylinder - chap said £14 per set !! - i said no thanks !!

am i being silly or is he taking the P. would apreciate if anyone has any ideas for cheap sierra parts - i am also looking for a full set of discs (4), and pads all round.

Mark Allanson

posted on 10/10/04 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds silly, but it is the going rate, you should get a set of front discs for about £20, set of cooking pads for £10. Who told you this was going to be cheap other than Uncle Ron?, £250 - who was he trying to kid?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

richyb

posted on 10/10/04 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Just seemed like a lot of dosh for about an ounce of rubber ! - i might leave the old ones in as they werent leaking, and upgrade to some decent callipers later in the day !!

thanks for the info though - am looking on e bay now for discs at about that price.

Chris_R

posted on 10/10/04 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
You could try a Ford dealership. Once you've been there you'll prolly quite like to spend £28 at a motor factor.

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 10/10/04 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Complete new calipers only £26+vat and seal kit £3.30+vat (or £7.13+vat including guide bushes) from http://www.brakesint.co.uk
Ben_Copeland

posted on 11/10/04 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, mike beat me too it, would of recommended www.brakesint.co.uk

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

richyb

posted on 11/10/04 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
thank you gents, i will check them out. - may even consider new callipers at that price. second thoughts no, i spent best part of the weekend cleaning up the parts !!!
Mark Allanson

posted on 11/10/04 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richyb
thank you gents, i will check them out. - may even consider new callipers at that price. second thoughts no, i spent best part of the weekend cleaning up the parts !!!

Can they give the care to reconditioning that you can? My front calipers came from a cortina built in 1981, never touched in its lifetime, I stripped them down and fitted a recon kit from GTS, but they probably never needed it. Hva a look first, all you can, loose is 1/2 an hour . Rescued attachment Calipers.jpg
Rescued attachment Calipers.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.