Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brakes..
steve wheeler-smith

posted on 30/3/04 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Brakes..

Hello peeps,
Any ideas on what to use as a push rod between brake pedal and master cylinder??
I am using a sierra pedal box and master cylinder but cant use the original rod as it is part of the servo.
Thanks
Steve..

JoelP

posted on 30/3/04 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
i cut mine out of the servo, mainly with pliers but a saw at the end. Try to avoid removing the end though, i realised it wasnt necessary after i had cut my end off (the pushrod that is...)

britishtrident

posted on 30/3/04 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
If you are ditching the servo you really should use a proper non-servo master cylinder. Non servo dual circuit Ford master cylinders are hard to find so I am using a VW 19mm dia one (can't remember if it is off a Polo or Golf) bought for 19 quid from Euro parts (had to find the resevoir in a yard as this wasn't supplied) .

My pusrod is a suitable long 5/15" UNF ht bolt the head ground round to fit into the master cylinder going into a female rose joint at the pedal end.

Trick for grinding a round head with a bench grinder is to put the shank of the bolt in an electric drill and rotate it while grinding.

givemethebighammer

posted on 30/3/04 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
bought a 12.9 ton cap head bolt, cut the cap head off it and turned the end down to fit the m/cylinder, fitted a yoke on the other end. Yoke is also threaded, with lock nut to secure.

pict attached shows floor mounted pedal from above.

[Edited on 30/3/04 by givemethebighammer] Rescued attachment brake.JPG
Rescued attachment brake.JPG

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.