Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cycle wing brackets
philhoward

posted on 17/11/08 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Cycle wing brackets

I am thinking of changing my cycle wings to carbon fibre ones from Carbonmods. Where is the best place to get new brackets from?
bbwales

posted on 17/11/08 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Which hubs are you using?

Bob

philhoward

posted on 17/11/08 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
I think that they are Sierra ones. They are fitted to a Tiger Supercat
bbwales

posted on 17/11/08 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
If they are Sierra ones then I like the design and manufacture of Mac#1, if you decide to use them remember to tell them which calipers you are using.

Regards

Bob

[Edited on 17/11/08 by bbwales]

bob tatt

posted on 17/11/08 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
why do you need to change the brackets suerly the carbon mods ones will fit onto them
philhoward

posted on 17/11/08 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
My existing brackets are moulded into the cycle wings and would be a pig to get off. Also they are bent and rusty.

Does anyone have a picture and price of the Mac#1 ones as I cannot find them on their website.

bbwales

posted on 17/11/08 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't mastered the art of attaching photos here, if you u2u me your email address I will send you a couple of pics.

Bob

ReMan

posted on 17/11/08 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hows that then.
Def my favorites after I junked the MK ones at first attempt!

[Edited on 17/11/08 by ReMan] Rescued attachment 178_7816s.JPG
Rescued attachment 178_7816s.JPG

procomp

posted on 18/11/08 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Why the hell are all these manufacturers supplying the equivalent of the Forth bridge just to hold a cycle wing on.

Why not just get a bit of 50 x50x5 alloy right angle shape to suit. Then weld it to the top of the mushroom with the other flange vertical meaning you could mount some 25x5 steel strip up and over the wheel / tyre.
I have been doing it this way for 10 years without any problems so certainly works with the abuse the race cars get.

Cheers Matt

Edit Have added a very quick sketch in my archive if that description makes no sense.

[Edited on 18/11/08 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 18/11/08 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
i had something simialr on my dax after the 3rd stay snapped - bollox to that i said - i made my own - it needs to be heavy enough to not wobble which induces fatigue - flat bar (min 5mm) with a GENTLE bend works best - sharp bends will be the point of failure

the wider the bar the more area of glue contact as well - worked wonders and even stayed on after double barrell rolling down an embankment landing on the them - sikaflex 221 - clean the undersides with a 'chimeny brush' type wire brush in a drill - degrease - then plaster the adhesive on - apply the wing - gaffer tape in position - smooth excess around stay edges - leave for at least 24 hrs - will last for ages..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.