Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I give up
Bigheppy

posted on 11/9/08 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
Might have been said before but is the rack secure on its mountings and correct size bolts used i.e. not a big hole with a small bolt. A while ago I hit a kerb [dont ask I was being foolish] and the steering wheel then failed to centre, turned out I had pushed the rack to the extreme end or its mounting. If yours was loose it could explain why it never returns to the same place. I always find a few beers and a day off helps. Good luck
mad-butcher

posted on 12/9/08 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
If you used the washers i described to you the steering should be limited to 2 3/4 turns lock to lock, camber is no prob, to remove mushroom take out pinch bolt and tap a wedge or screwdrive into slot to spread it and out she pops, spent ages measuring the distance sticking out the rack wondering why it was doing the same as yours until I realised the rack wasn't quite central to the chassis. shame I finish at 7am be only to happy to help my van carries all my tools and welding gear
Don't give up you're almost there
Tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.