Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: quick release steering wheel
sgraber

posted on 12/1/05 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
I bought one of those NRG Quick Release hubs the other day. Blew my budget, but what the Fudge. I won't have doors on my car so the quick release was essential.

I am very impressed by the quality of the piece. The lock mechanism is very positive and there is NO PLAY whatsoever. Solid as a single piece. Very nice finish. I paid $130 for it and think that it was worth it... And I'm a cheap bastard.

Graber

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rorty

posted on 13/1/05 at 01:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgraber
I bought one of those NRG Quick Release hubs the other day. Blew my budget, but what the Fudge. I won't have doors on my car so the quick release was essential.

I am very impressed by the quality of the piece. The lock mechanism is very positive and there is NO PLAY whatsoever. Solid as a single piece. Very nice finish. I paid $130 for it and think that it was worth it... And I'm a cheap bastard.

Graber

Graber, is the NGR the same as the one pictured further up? If not, can you post a pic or a link please?

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sgraber

posted on 13/1/05 at 01:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rorty

Graber, is the NGR the same as the one pictured further up? If not, can you post a pic or a link please?

Yes it is. I ordered the Carbon Fiber rimmed one. Here you can see the internal mechanism a little clearer. It is missing 2 bearings so that you can insert it in only one position. Has two electrical contact pass-throughs for the horn.

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

Rorty

posted on 13/1/05 at 01:44 AM Reply With Quote
Nice looking bit of kit.
It looks like you missed a bit when you were sanding.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

DarrenW

posted on 19/1/05 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
I hope you dont mind hijacking this thread.

Ive just been getting a 'snap off' quick release mechanism and SWM wheel (£0). Originally it was fitted to a Pug 205 so the hub adaptor that fits onto the column is a spline/taper type. Does anyone know if the hub adaptors can be bought seperatly and where from to suit the Sierra column??

I havent been given the Pug 205 hub adaptor yet as its stuck onto the column. Hopefully when it arrives ill try and see if it will modify or weld onto the Sierra column (hope its not ally!). Does anyone know if an alternative hub adaptor woll allow the snap off ring to fit?

Is the 'snap off' kit SVA approved? (same as the one in mangro.....'s pictures).

Thanks for your help,
Darren.

[Edited on 19/1/05 by DarrenW]

nige

posted on 19/1/05 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
quick release

dont know if its what your after , but
m.n.r. do a quick release bit for the sierra colum

when you start this journey
you think it will be done in " no " time but then " no " turns into a " bloody " long time

indykid

posted on 24/1/05 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
you can get bosses from most places, but all are about £35 and made from cast ally, so no welding possible

halfords should have mountney m range ones, and iirc the part no is k18xx

hth
tom

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.