Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Who would be interested in a fully adjustable indy top wishbone
mad-butcher

posted on 14/4/09 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Who would be interested in a fully adjustable indy top wishbone

just trying to see how much interest there is out there for a fully adjustable top wishbone for the MK Indy, to see if it's worth while wozsher making some.
hopefully similar to the hellfire one below

tony Rescued attachment hellfire wishbone.JPG
Rescued attachment hellfire wishbone.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hammerhead

posted on 14/4/09 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
possibly me
Kev99

posted on 14/4/09 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
possibly me too

Staple balls

posted on 14/4/09 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Me also, possibly.

eccsmk

posted on 14/4/09 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
ooh ooh ooh me me me

greggors84

posted on 14/4/09 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
You mean with rose joints instead of poly bushes?

Me too, depending on cost.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

aka Keith

posted on 14/4/09 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Tony, I could be interested, but dependant on pice as always.

Cheers
Craig

mr henderson

posted on 14/4/09 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by greggors84
You mean with rose joints instead of poly bushes?

Me too, depending on cost.

I should think the main point of the rose joints would be so that the lengths of the wishbone could be altered, maybe make the back shorter and the front longer, so same overall length measured at the balljoint, but more castor.

John

wozsher

posted on 14/4/09 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Or maybe castor is altered by adjusting spacers on inboard mount?
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mads

posted on 14/4/09 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
interested too (if they will also fit the Spec R) though I do ask if these would be needed on the Spec R as it is a CAD designed chassis...? anyone know the answer?

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

posted on 14/4/09 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson

I should think the main point of the rose joints would be so that the lengths of the wishbone could be altered, maybe make the back shorter and the front longer, so same overall length measured at the balljoint, but more castor.

John

Errr, wot 'e said

Paul G

DIY Si

posted on 14/4/09 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
I've been meaning to do this for some time, so yeah go on then!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

mad-butcher

posted on 14/4/09 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
I think the idea of using rose joints is not so much for adjustment that would be done with the outer adjuster ( without removing the ball joint ) but more of the fact they are narrow and therefore with the use of spacers can be moved backwards to help the self centering issue with the indy (lack of caster)

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wozsher

posted on 14/4/09 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tony did you get u2u
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mark G

posted on 14/4/09 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be interested, depending on cost of course.
mr henderson

posted on 14/4/09 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher
I think the idea of using rose joints is not so much for adjustment that would be done with the outer adjuster ( without removing the ball joint ) but more of the fact they are narrow and therefore with the use of spacers can be moved backwards to help the self centering issue with the indy (lack of caster)

tony

As long as there was enough space to achieve the desired castor within the existing bracket that would be fine.

Not really following what you said about the moving the outer adjuster. That would affect the camber, but not the castor

John

mad-butcher

posted on 14/4/09 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
misunderstanding thought you meant using rose-joints to adjust camber

does anyone know roughly how far back the top wishbone needs to go

tony

[Edited on 14/4/09 by mad-butcher]

wozsher

posted on 14/4/09 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
How much castor have you at the moment?
mookaloid

posted on 14/4/09 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
I'd probably have a pair if the price is ok

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

procomp

posted on 15/4/09 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

The problem you have with that question is that no two have the same. In fact the cars have different amounts on either side by quite some margin. But the overall picture is that the lowest i have measured is 1Deg and the highest i have measured is 4.3 Deg if that is off any help. But it also needs to be remembered that there is a large amount of the overall problem based in the lower wishbones and there poor jigging.
Ideally you should be getting the lower wishbones all squared up on the overall setup and then looking at making the top arms to suit. Although this whole process really needs all the brackets taking of and starting a fresh to get it to be right.

Cheers Matt

wozsher

posted on 15/4/09 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Matt
Is the problem with the chassis or wishbones jigging or both?
Cheers Woz

procomp

posted on 15/4/09 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

A lot of the problem is in the jigging of the brackets. But also in the chassis as an overall IE Thrust line problems of up to 20" have been measured. It really is a suck it and see as there is no two the same which means it's not a common jig problem just pure inconsistency when using the jigs. The exact same problems can be found on the Mac#1. I assume that if any wishbones are made for the Indy they would also fit the Mac#1 and help with the problems found there also.

Cheers Matt

wozsher

posted on 15/4/09 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Comments please on Matts (procomp) post re the Indy Cheers Woz
mr henderson

posted on 15/4/09 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wozsher
Comments please on Matts (procomp) post re the Indy Cheers Woz

OK, I'll comment. I've never known Matt to miss an opportunity to slag off the MK Indy.

It may not be perfect, but the truth is that it is a damn good car, especially when the cost is taken into consideration (which it usually is).

I have no idea how many have been made so far, but I am sure that it is a lot, and there are many hundreds (maybe thousands?) of happy Indy owners enjoying their cars.

It's true that there is something of an issue regfarding self centring, and if you were to make some wishbones that would cure this then I expect there would be many hapy customers, especially if you could keep the price within the very reasonable MK context.

John

wozsher

posted on 15/4/09 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that John, good to get both sides of the story Cheers Woz
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.