Board logo

de dion - how too
Miks15 - 7/6/08 at 08:57 PM

HI all.

I ve been looking around the site of plans to make a de dion axle. I know how they work and everything and thats all that seems to come up when i look around the site, cant seem to find any plans.

So does anyone have or know where i can find a good simple set of guidlines to making a de dion axle?

Cheers

Mikkel

UncleFista - 7/6/08 at 09:00 PM

Have you looked at Rorty's plans ?

Miks15 - 7/6/08 at 09:08 PM

cheers ill have a look through it now

ecosse - 7/6/08 at 09:33 PM

This any help? Rescued attachment Dedionaxle.JPG
Rescued attachment Dedionaxle.JPG

Miks15 - 7/6/08 at 09:39 PM

hhmmm im still not sure whether to go double wishbone set up or de dion:S

scoop - 7/6/08 at 09:53 PM

Ive heard it said that the de dion is still the best for traction and lightness in a seven. I went for the GTS de dion but i wouldnt be in hurry to recommend them to you. Im sure with a bit of digging you could find their plans or get them from someone on here.

ecosse - 7/6/08 at 10:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Miks15
hhmmm im still not sure whether to go double wishbone set up or de dion:S

I would say Dedion is the easier of the two choices, plenty arguments as to what one is best though (I went dedion)

Try here for a premade or kit form dedion and/or IRS bits
http://www.3gecomponents.com

Cheers

Alex

Miks15 - 7/6/08 at 10:43 PM

the only problem is tho im not using standard sierra running gear so all mine would have to be custom made.

Im thinking of buying the wishbones and making hub carriers to suit the wishbones and my hubs.

Kym - 8/6/08 at 01:36 PM

Hello my name is Kym, I am a longtime reader but first time poster. I am currently building a Puma Clubman, I am fitting it with a dedion rearend of my own design similar to the MK Dedion. I am using all Nissan 200sx based parts for it (R200 LSD , halfshafts , hubs and disc brakes ) Would be keen to show what I have done so far if interested All parts are drawn in Autocad Inventor to assist in CNC machining of required parts The Puma is a Nissan sr20det powered clubman 4+4+2 chassis built by John Karnon of Adelaide

Cheers KymN

MikeR - 8/6/08 at 02:17 PM

i'm currently doing all the changes to take a ron champion spec chassis to de-dion.

Its not hard once you get started (always my problem getting started).

I've posted on this thread a while ago about de-dion being pointless and then realising its not. (the issue was the perceived weight of some of the components).