Board logo

what coupling do I need?
smart51 - 11/2/08 at 10:31 PM

I've just bought a master cylinder for my new project which has a 7/16" UNF thread. I also bought a "reservoir coupler kit" which has a 7/16" UNF banjo at the M/C end and a 7/16" female socket at the other with a nice stainless braided hose in the middle. The problem is that the brake fluid reservoir that I bought at the same time has an 8mm OD spout with a wide bit at the end for some hose. The Euroquip hose is much too small for me to just cut the end off.

What do I need to connect the reservoir to the existing hose or master cylinder?

stuart_g - 11/2/08 at 11:09 PM

Could you use a 7/16 male fitting with a short length of copper pipe, then a piece of rubber between that and the master cylinder.

mistergrumpy - 11/2/08 at 11:49 PM

I'm not sure but are you having the same problem that Gav had. See this thread. Think he got a bit from Rally Design.
thread

smart51 - 12/2/08 at 08:10 AM

Yes, I got my stuff from Rally Design. Their master cylinder to reservoir hose only works if your reservoir has an 7/16" UNF male connector. Their website should tell you this I suppose.

Anyway, where do I get one of these? Rescued attachment brake hose connector.jpg
Rescued attachment brake hose connector.jpg

coozer - 12/2/08 at 08:59 AM

quote:

Anyway, where do I get one of these?

Got mine from Merlin BUT don't forget the copper washer, I did and there was fluid all over the place.....

Vindi_andy - 29/2/08 at 04:08 PM

Europa spares used to do a drop kit with 7/16 threaded fittings ot push on and rubber hose with some spring clips
but cant find it on their website

I have a problem in that my MC has push in fittings and the fiat connectors that someone suggested are too big

[Edited on 29/2/08 by Vindi_andy]