Board logo

gts shocks
buncefm - 18/9/07 at 05:49 PM

Got nitron shocks from GTS tuning at start of build 5 years ago, on the road one week and noticed shock rubbers had collapsed. can get no answer from gts can anybody suggestwhat bushes i can replace them with. thanks

donut - 18/9/07 at 05:53 PM

This is the 2nd thread about GTS shocks this week, unless it's the same set of shocks?!?

dave1888 - 18/9/07 at 05:58 PM

Is this going to be another saga, if so i got the popcorn in Rescued attachment gts.jpg
Rescued attachment gts.jpg

UncleFista - 18/9/07 at 06:03 PM

Looks like someone is gonna have to remove a shock and measure the bushes (holes).

I reckon they'll be a stock item for a poly-bush manufacturer...

stevec - 18/9/07 at 06:18 PM

Maybe these could help.
Steve.

JoelP - 18/9/07 at 06:22 PM

mine collapsed too, its a manufacturing fault of the time.

donut - 18/9/07 at 07:53 PM

So NOT i repeat NOT GTS's fault!!

Thats a 1st!!

Hellfire - 18/9/07 at 09:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by donut
So NOT i repeat NOT GTS's fault!!

Thats a 1st!!

<SHOUTS FROM THE BACK> "Oh yes it is.... they are the agent, the contract is with GTS, they are responsible!"

Steve

oliwb - 19/9/07 at 07:37 AM

<Shouts louder from the back> Oh no its not! Your contract of sale is with GTS. If there is a manufacturing fault then it is the company that made them who is at fault. However if GTS do not deal with it then they are at fault because the contract of sale is with them.

At least give GTS a chance to make it right before you go blaming them for things that have nothing to do with them.....If no joy then slate them all you like...Oli.

Macbeast - 19/9/07 at 09:02 AM

There is a difference between being responsible for something and being at fault.

GTS should replace unsatisfactory goods supplied by them, but it's not their fault, as resellers, that the goods are unsatisfactory.

Bob C - 19/9/07 at 09:43 AM

5 years on???? I wouldn't think so!
I would have thought it would be easy enough to whip the end off & slip a PU or rubber replacement on the shocker shaft - just be careful of damaging the shaft. You will damage it, just make sure the damage is right up at the top end & therefore prevented from damaging the seals by the new bump stop!
Bob

buncefm - 19/9/07 at 06:48 PM

thanks for the advice fella's, i didn't come on hear to slag GTS off i just asked for some suggestions and to see in anyone else had resolved a similar problem.