Board logo

Dilemma ?
Jon Ison - 3/12/06 at 10:06 PM

I have a nice pair of alloy double adjustable shocks, been in garage ages never used em...........

Trouble is there a tad short too fit so do I just clean up and paint the old ones during the rebuild or bite the bullet and fabricate and weld on new brackets too the chassis, only sticking point is I would have too ease off the front bodywork too weld the new upper brackets on without causing damage too the bodywork (side panels)

Other option is sell em.

tegwin - 3/12/06 at 10:11 PM

Have you considered buying or making longer eyelets so they will actually fit?

RichardK - 3/12/06 at 10:11 PM

I think you should sell em to me for a tenner

Rich

Jon Ison - 3/12/06 at 10:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
I think you should sell em to me for a tenner

Rich

you can have the perfectly good old ones that may come off for £50 if you want, including springs.
Adjustable platforms with single adjustment on the damping.

Cant go for different eyelets, there one piece alloy body and eyes with rose joints.

tegwin - 3/12/06 at 10:18 PM

The eyelet on the end of the piston has to come off somehow....

Jon Ison - 3/12/06 at 11:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
The eyelet on the end of the piston has to come off somehow....

Correct but as one of the two adjustments is done thru a hole the eyelet with a 2mm allen key new ones would cost a fortune, hence much cheaper too make new mounts. Here is the bottom. Rescued attachment shockin.JPG
Rescued attachment shockin.JPG

procomp - 5/12/06 at 07:53 AM

Hi jon have you cheked to see if they make longer top eyes for them or is the extra lenght to much for that.

cheers matt

(edit) Or if you wanna bring the old and new down i will run them on the dyno for you so you can see if you need to change them or if the new are suitable for the car as i did say i would do this for you on the race car.

[Edited on 5/12/06 by procomp]