Board logo

How much offset do you have
quattromike - 8/1/06 at 03:53 PM

Finaly got round to making my sierra upright insert. I've gone with a 25mm offset to try and bring the KPI angle up a bit. Rescued attachment P10700581000.jpg
Rescued attachment P10700581000.jpg

quattromike - 8/1/06 at 03:56 PM

and here it is fitted to the upright with the transit track rod end for the balljoint Rescued attachment P10700641000.jpg
Rescued attachment P10700641000.jpg

caber - 8/1/06 at 04:09 PM

That looks like a nice piece of machining!

BNTW managed to drop that Pinto 1600 on my foot the other day! no boned broken but much swearing!

Caber

omega 24 v6 - 8/1/06 at 06:13 PM

Looks nice and jeez what a posh workshop with brass electrical fittings,
Is the machined part alloy or steel?
If alloy are you not worried about the strength around the ball joint area.

britishtrident - 8/1/06 at 07:14 PM

1960s Lotus Elan 9 degrees KPI
Lotus Elise 12 degrees KPI

Pug 306 Gti 11 degrees KPI

I some japanese fwd cars run 14 to 15 degrees

quattromike - 8/1/06 at 09:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
Looks nice and jeez what a posh workshop with brass electrical fittings,
Is the machined part alloy or steel?
If alloy are you not worried about the strength around the ball joint area.

Yes we are posh up here in Aberlour
Na just some old ones that were changed from the house coz they were worn (cheap as chips) so we had them lying about when we fitted up the sokets in the garage.

And yes they are aluminium, It is a bit of a concern that the taper will wear, I'll have to keep an eye on it when it finally hits the road.

Sorry to hear about your foot caber. You'll just have to find a suitable brick to lay on the throttle of that rumbling range rover

Mike

MikeRJ - 8/1/06 at 11:13 PM

That's moved the top wishbone up a couple of inches over the usual "mushroom" inserts. Are you also moving the top wishbone chassis brackets up by the same amount.

quattromike - 9/1/06 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
That's moved the top wishbone up a couple of inches over the usual "mushroom" inserts. Are you also moving the top wishbone chassis brackets up by the same amount.

I'm not making the book chassis, Mines a bit bigger, It'll be a bit of a One off in that way but still the same Idea.I've not made the wish bones yet either , thats the next task.

Mike.