Board logo

Pedal Extensions
Chris_R - 10/7/04 at 07:41 AM

Has anyone gone through an SVA with pedal extensions? I know the majority aren’t street legal, but there are some with rubber grips that are apparently. They’re gonna go on at some point and would rather do it when the pedal box is on my work bench. It might be a case of pre-drilling the pedals and replacing the original rubbers until the SVA, then refitting the extensions when done.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

Cheers,

Chris.

Chris_R - 10/7/04 at 07:42 AM

eg. Rescued attachment SPA3785.jpg
Rescued attachment SPA3785.jpg

theconrodkid - 10/7/04 at 07:45 AM

as long as they are non slip they should be ok

Hellfire - 10/7/04 at 09:15 AM

Would those comply to SVA requirements, or would they fall into the Steering Wheel Zone?

Dave Ashurst - 10/7/04 at 09:39 AM

I half remember that there's a specified minimum gap required between pedals. Would that be an issue?

Thought it was 50mm min but I couldn't quickly find it in my SVA manual just now.

Chris_R - 10/7/04 at 10:14 AM

Spacing might be a problem. I fitted some to a Corsa once and nearly plummeted down a strategically positioned hill on the North York Moors. Tight bend + accelerator in the way = aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggg!

Dave Ashurst - 10/7/04 at 12:39 PM

!!! Rather you than me, Chris, if you don't mind me saying so.

But, er, hey, they look damn good if you squint down the footwell, and you're still here so far aren't you?

Chris_R - 10/7/04 at 02:39 PM

Yeah, you're right, point taken (although obstinately disregarded ), but they do look really nice and I do love those little finishing touches. Not sure how I'm gonna cope with death at high velocity though, but at least I can take some satisfaction in the fact that my pedals, murdering b******s they might be, will be pleasing to the eye when it does come.

[Edited on 10/7/04 by Chris_R]

[Edited on 10/7/04 by Chris_R]