Board logo

do these wheels have a name
Mr Whippy - 27/8/09 at 01:54 PM

Does anyone know what the name of these wheels are? I have a set but need the centre caps and wondered if they were called something specific? even looks like the center cap is a cross

[Edited on 27/8/09 by Mr Whippy] Rescued attachment 77Taunus-wheel.jpg
Rescued attachment 77Taunus-wheel.jpg

mookaloid - 27/8/09 at 02:08 PM

Granada Ghia alloy wheels?

Edit: or is that a Cortina? yes I think it is. so Cortina Mk4 Ghia alloys?

[Edited on 27/8/09 by mookaloid]

Mr Whippy - 27/8/09 at 02:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
Granada Ghia alloy wheels?

Edit: or is that a Cortina?

its a cortina, just wasn't sure as some of the early wheels had names like the ford pepper pots etc

piddy - 27/8/09 at 04:05 PM

Cortina Ghia wheels, Not Granada (they had five studs. I'll take a look and see if I can find a year for you.

piddy - 27/8/09 at 04:17 PM

I just taken a look at some old Ford sales brochures and they were fitted from 1981 until 1982. They are described simple as light alloy wheels. They were only fitted to the Cortina and Granada Ghia as standard, the Granada ones being five studs.

AndyO - 27/8/09 at 04:44 PM

I've just spayed some with hammerite and found that the lid from the tin is a perfect fit in the centre of the wheel

oadamo - 27/8/09 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AndyO
I've just spayed some with hammerite and found that the lid from the tin is a perfect fit in the centre of the wheel

pmsl, now that is locost
adam

Mr G - 27/8/09 at 06:36 PM

You know its going to be locost when the picture he's taken is in black and white

Yeah their just plain old Ghia alloys - That style is not exclusive to the cortina though as the fiesta and granada had them as well.

Cheers

G

MikeRJ - 27/8/09 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by oadamo
pmsl, now that is locost
adam

You seen the price of hammerite aerosols?