Board logo

camber adjusters - any pics?
alistairolsen - 11/12/08 at 02:42 PM

Been looking at camber adjustment. If you just run a welded in threaded tube then youre restricted to full turns of the drag link, or ~1mm changes.

Ive been looking at these:

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/images/DAR013.JPG

Im guessing the drag link screws into these,these sit thru a tube int he wishbone with the hex inwards and a nut on the draglink to lock them?

Anyone got any pics of them in situ?

cheers

matt_claydon - 11/12/08 at 02:53 PM

From Hellfire's site:

BillHoll - 11/12/08 at 03:10 PM

MNR are listing some for a buy it now price of £5 on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/locost-camber-adjusters_W0QQitemZ220324311491QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item220324311491&_trk sid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

jabbahutt - 11/12/08 at 03:48 PM

sorry to hijack but i'm interested in fitting these to my Indy as well. Am I correct that the insert will fit inside the threaded standard wishbone with no mods or do you need different top wishbones to use this kind of set up?

Cheers
Nigel

Daddylonglegs - 11/12/08 at 03:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt
sorry to hijack but i'm interested in fitting these to my Indy as well. Am I correct that the insert will fit inside the threaded standard wishbone with no mods or do you need different top wishbones to use this kind of set up?

Cheers
Nigel

Beat me too it

My question too...

JB

alistairolsen - 11/12/08 at 03:55 PM

As I thought, sorry for the rubbish explanation! Looks like a much better alternative than the welded boses! Will order some asap

BillHoll - 11/12/08 at 04:08 PM

You can either use new wishbones, or if you have enough wall thickness you can have the threads bored out. From memory the adjusters are about 21 - 22mm diameter.

Richard Quinn - 11/12/08 at 04:10 PM

quote:

Cheers
Nigel
I don't see how that could be possible but I would love to be proved wrong!

MikeRJ - 11/12/08 at 05:02 PM

quote:

Cheers
Nigel

If you think about it it would be somewhat tricky to get much material between a M18 male thread and an M18 female thread! The wishbones have to be made specifically for these adjusters.

[Edited on 11/12/08 by MikeRJ]

nick205 - 11/12/08 at 05:22 PM

quote:

Cheers
Nigel

Nigel,

You'd need new top wishbones with a larger dia and unthreaded tube for the adjuster and drag link to fit into.

Not sure if MK supply suitable parts, but GTS certainly used to supply the wishbones and adjusters shown on Hellfire's car above.

[Edited on 11/12/08 by nick205]

mad-butcher - 11/12/08 at 08:19 PM

What I think we all want is something like hellfire had made ( not my place to name the manufacturer ) camber and caster adjustable.
I believe mac1 do a set for about a £100 Rescued attachment LB IMG_2652.JPG
Rescued attachment LB IMG_2652.JPG

nick205 - 16/12/08 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher
What I think we all want is something like hellfire had made ( not my place to name the manufacturer ) camber and caster adjustable.
I believe mac1 do a set for about a £100

You know I think you might be right

hellbent345 - 20/12/08 at 10:34 AM

does anyone have any pics on how the caster adjustment is achieved on hellfires? it looks rather more sophisticated than a few spacers if you get my drift!