Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what needs covering at front of an indy
mad-butcher

posted on 6/6/08 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
what needs covering at front of an indy

I intend to as suggested cover the tops and bottoms of the front dampers with radio controlled car tyres, But would covering the entire damper with front fork leg rubber gaiters (the type we used to cover the springs between the bottom yolk and top of slider on cafe racers) be acceptable.
Is it just the nut that needs covering between the swiveling arm amd the extention or is it from the track rod end to the end of the extention, was thinking about using some radiator or heater hose same with the top ball joint also would I have to radius the ends of the hose.
thinking of using hose as I read somewere they don't like it to be cable tied as it could be interpreted as not being a permanent fitting.
also noticed some cars have passed the lower edge of dashboard test using titanfast is this now accepted by vosa

many thanks
tony. Rescued attachment protective covering.JPG
Rescued attachment protective covering.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 6/6/08 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
just cover everything for sva, i didn't bother with covering the springs, the sva guy didn't even comment on it! make sure you take a bag full of trimming to the test station with you and the inspector will let you cover stuff whilst your there. if he's nice that is

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jambojeef

posted on 6/6/08 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
I covered my shocks and mounti brackets with a long leather(ette) gaiter. Passed SVA in Aug last year with it and hav left it on.....!

austin man

posted on 6/6/08 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
we used glands as use by electricians

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.