Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bargain Buy But will It Be Okay?
mistergrumpy

posted on 2/3/07 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Bargain Buy But will It Be Okay?

Picked this up earlier from Halfords, £23!
Here
But will it be alright for SVA what with the buttons and it'll need a centre pad.

Hammerhead

posted on 2/3/07 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
what will the buttons do?

graememk

posted on 2/3/07 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
i think the buttons are for rockets ?

but dont shoot me if i'm wrong.

mistergrumpy

posted on 2/3/07 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Dunno? Horn maybe? Was just thinking of sharp edges or whatever else they could conjur up. I saw it and just grabbed it instinctively as it was cheap!

Hammerhead

posted on 2/3/07 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
i'm sure you could find something soft with a radius to cover them with at b&q for the sva.

RazMan

posted on 2/3/07 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
You will probably need to fit a pad over the spokes and switches (but still have a horn switch somewhere) I used a pad from an MX5 import which fitted ok with some cable ties - Mr SVA liked it anyway.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mike S

posted on 2/3/07 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Is it ok for SVA with the flat bottom?

I'm not saying it isn't, just asking the question.

Mike

There are more horses' asses in this world than there are horses

mistergrumpy

posted on 2/3/07 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Is it ok for SVA with the flat bottom?

Yeah good point. I thought if nowt else it'd go on Ebay for more than I bought it I think the flat bottom'll be right though. Sure I've seen a production car with one. I'll get some kinda padding and stitch it round the spokes, cheers fellas.

russbost

posted on 2/3/07 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Mine went thro with a flat bottom wheel, no prob for SVA.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Simon

posted on 2/3/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Rover made the SD1 and Allegro with a square steering wheel. I doubt the SVA will complain about one flat side

ATB

Simon

martyn_16v

posted on 2/3/07 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
I've got that wheel but in black, paid a hell of a lot more than 23 quid though
RazMan

posted on 2/3/07 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
I saw the Momo equivalent in my local shop for 129 quid! If you ask me, you will only pay that if you are a fully paid up member of the fashion slave society
Interior
Interior

Mine was £23 too

[Edited on 2-3-07 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 3/3/07 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
......you will only pay that if you are a fully paid up member of the fashion slave society

[Edited on 2-3-07 by RazMan]

That's likely - we're all driving cars that cost 250 quid

ATB

Simon

Peteff

posted on 3/3/07 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
i'm sure you could find something soft with a radius to cover them with at b&q for the sva.

Is the SVA cheaper at B&Q if you have a pensioner with a card to get it for you?

The buttons are recessed so they shouldn't take much covering, I bet it was cheap because of the colour

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

02GF74

posted on 5/3/07 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
I am not aware of SVA stipulating shape of steering wheel but the question I would ask is does the exempt area get rasied since its boundary is from the bottom of the steering wheel (and can you increase it to help yourself by having car in not straight ahead posiiton - I guess you can get round that by fitting it upside down?)

as for the square steering wheels, you are wrong, they were triangular but with an extra side

02GF74

posted on 5/3/07 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
I am not aware of SVA stipulating shape of steering wheel but the question I would ask is does the exempt area get rasied since its boundary is from the bottom of the steering wheel (and can you increase it to help yourself by having car in not straight ahead posiiton - I guess you can get round that by fitting it upside down?)

as for the square steering wheels, you are wrong, they were triangular but with an extra side

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.