Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: its that question again
macnab

posted on 20/2/07 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
its that question again

I posted a question a while back regarding fitting a front aerofoil, yep that one...

I'm now thinking of leaving it on the car for the SVA test for the purposes of covering the suspension arms etc.

Am I right in thinking that all I need to do is as usual to make sure no edge has less than the 2.5mm radius?

Sorry for flogging a dead horse but I don't want to get caught out at the test. Just as well I noticed that post about welded steering arms as well. Anyone got any spares??

Hammerhead

posted on 20/2/07 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
i think nitram38 might be your man to answer this one.

macnab

posted on 20/2/07 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah hopefully he'll know though that's if he put his car through with the spoiler attached.

can't see a problem myself

DarrenW

posted on 20/2/07 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have a link / pic?

If spoiler is only to avoid rads / edges etc being tested at the front end, TBH i didnt have any problems with this part of the test so it must be easy to pass. I did hear that some testers comment on the rigidity of such spoilers and dont like them if they look a bit flimsy - nothing in the book about it so could be a grey area. If anyone was asking who was testing at Gosforth i would say dont bother.

James

posted on 20/2/07 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Agree with Darren, it's pretty easy to pass the projections test at the front of the car.

There's enough people who've do it that it's pretty well proven what you've gotta do!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

macnab

posted on 20/2/07 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
no pics of it on the 7 (same ones that are on my Bluebird at the moment) but I do intend on running the car with them on and if it actually helps the car pass the SVA by shielding the suspension from that cone thing then I'd rather go with it on.

[Edited on 20/2/07 by macnab]

Humbug

posted on 20/2/07 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by macnab
I posted a question a while back regarding fitting a front aerofoil, yep that one...

I'm now thinking of leaving it on the car for the SVA test for the purposes of covering the suspension arms etc.

Am I right in thinking that all I need to do is as usual to make sure no edge has less than the 2.5mm radius?

Sorry for flogging a dead horse but I don't want to get caught out at the test. Just as well I noticed that post about welded steering arms as well. Anyone got any spares??

Oh, that question - I thought it was going to be the BEC vs CEC question

russbost

posted on 20/2/07 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
My car went thro' with both front & rear aerofoils on, providing your edges are correctly radiused & the mounting is secure there should be absolutely no problem. I did have to remove the front aerofoil to get the car off the ramp tho' cos otherwise it would have fot ripped off by the floor!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
macnab

posted on 20/2/07 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
ahh just the man!

sounds good then, I'll go with it fitted.

thanks all

James

posted on 20/2/07 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Why do actually want it though?

Do you think that your v6 won't be heavy enough to keep the front down?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

macnab

posted on 20/2/07 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
na down force that's what I'm after.

the engines not really that heavy as its mostly hollow

DarrenW

posted on 20/2/07 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Are you doing something like this? Rescued attachment EbayCaterham.jpg
Rescued attachment EbayCaterham.jpg

iank

posted on 20/2/07 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
What level are you planning to put it? To protect the suspension from the SVA tester you need it quite high, or like the picture DarrenW posted. A formula style plank won't stop them testing suspension.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

DarrenW

posted on 20/2/07 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
I cant help thinking its more work to make a bumper from scratch that makes everything behind exempt than it is to just cover it all up. You have to be careful that the bumper bar is fully compliant as well.

On an F1 style car its fair enough as its also aesthetic but on a se7en - im not sure its worth the effort. It really is not an issue to make the front compliant.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.