Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chassis Number?
coozer

posted on 28/8/06 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Chassis Number?

Can I use the chassis number form my donor for registration?

When I dismantled the donor I kept all the bits withe number on, V5, vin plate and the section from the floor with it stamped on.
I intend to use all these parts during my reg process.

Would it be OK to use the Ford chassis number on my kit or is that tied to the donor Sierra??

Steve

[Edited on 28/8/06 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

cryoman1965

posted on 28/8/06 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
No!
JohnN

posted on 28/8/06 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
No

Write to your local DVLA office and ask them if you can make up your own number, or if they insist on allocating you one.

My local office (Chester) were happy to let me make my own up, subject to the usual rules, 17 characters etc. All proposed and agreed by exchange of letters.

I hope you have kept the donor vehicle sorn'd if you want to get an age related plate (assuming you are using most of the major mechanical bits from the donor).

You will finally surrender the V5 of the donor, when you apply for registration, post SVA

02GF74

posted on 28/8/06 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JohnN
No

Write to your local DVLA office and ask them if you can make up your own number, or if they insist on allocating you one.

My local office (Chester) were happy to let me make my own up, subject to the usual rules, 17 characters etc. All proposed and agreed by exchange of letters.

minimum is 9 letter/chars if memory serves me well .... but this seems to depend on local office.

not sure what the exchange of letters guarantees you - I was told the number cannot be reserved but they can tell ya if it is ok to use it or not - as far as I can tell, you can fix and stamp number as propsed on SVA but may be possible for someone to gazzump you when you come to register it ?

DarrenW

posted on 29/8/06 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Defo not Steve im afraid. I simply wrote to Stockton and proposed a new number, they were happy to let me use my made up number. Very simple and they even came out and inspected the car at home before SVA.

coozer

posted on 2/9/06 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps, I do have all the donor docs including sorn, the vin plate and the section of floor with the number on. Plus lots of pictures of it and the desctruction of it. The shell went to be rebuilt into a banger for the 1.6 pinto engined series. I made sure there was no ID so it doesnt appear on the road again. Oh, plus I used a petrol stihl saw to get at some of the bits, including the whole front off the car!

Also since I bought a 1.8 zetec lump I've changed the V5 to include the zetec engine number Rescued attachment Sierra front.JPG
Rescued attachment Sierra front.JPG

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.