Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: more sva questions...
02GF74

posted on 22/8/06 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
more sva questions...

sorry for the repeats but .....

1. exhaust heat shield - mine has 10 mm holes in it, smoothed edges - ok or not? I donlt think the outer edges is rooled over so bad? Can I use rubber trim or will it melt?

2. putting convoluted tubing around track rod lock nut - ok or not? need cable ties?

3. mountney steering wheel - no slots but do I need to cover up the edges of the spokes? (bit of foam and pvc with cable ties ok?)

muzchap

posted on 22/8/06 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
Just make it look like you wont rip it off when his back's turned!

It needs to look substantial!

E.g. Foam trim is not acceptable on the exterior of the car - as it is not weatherproof, nor substantial (SVA words) - so anything external should be hard wearing rubber.

convuleted tubing with plenty of tie-grips is acceptable - just make it look like it will be staying there.

Post some pics up - so people can see what you are referring to.

Cheers

M

------------------------------------
If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!
------------------------------------

kev R1

posted on 22/8/06 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
if your wheel has a collapsible boss then you don't need any padding on the wheel!
Peteff

posted on 22/8/06 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Exhaust doesn't need a heat shield, take it off if the silencer has no sharp edges and the clamp is turned inwards. Electrical pvc gland shroud is the usual get out for the track rod end, looks half decent as well. The 6 screws holding the Mountney boss need to be covered but the spokes are usually o.k. as they are less than 5mm thick, just check them for rough edges and smooth them off. I think if you start putting tiewraps and foam round your steering wheel spokes they will realise it's not staying on.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

wicket

posted on 22/8/06 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
02GF74
I've got one of these you can have,
its a proper Mountney SVA pad.

If you're interested u2u name & address. Rescued attachment my-pad.jpg
Rescued attachment my-pad.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.