Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: time to panic
martthefridgeman

posted on 15/7/06 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
time to panic

Got my date for sva in todays post, thursday 27th july at mitcham. Thought the car was ready but i have just sat down and made a to do list and am up to about twenty items. got the car booked in for a pre sva mot next weekend to set up the lights and emissions etc. so hopefully should be ready without any problems. Rescued attachment P6181090small.jpg
Rescued attachment P6181090small.jpg

donut

posted on 15/7/06 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
You'll be fine. Just run through the list and double check everything. Above all try and use items that look like they were meant for the job rather than any old bit of rubber that was lying arround. This is the advice i got from Michael at Mitcham on Tuesday.

Good Luck

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
piddy

posted on 15/7/06 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Nice car.
All the best for the test.

Avoneer

posted on 15/7/06 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
U-trim round the wheel arches.

Did you re-enforce the rack brackets as the standard Avon ones are a fail at Beverley SVA.

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marshall

posted on 15/7/06 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
hi car looks good ok very good i have a avon myself it is near the sva test got the forms filled in but not sent yet i was looking at your picture and i was woundeing if yor h/lights have spacers under them.as mine do not and are very close to the cycle wingson a full lock they do touch a bit
ruskino80

posted on 15/7/06 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
a couple of years ago i got an sva fail on the standard sierra rims sharp edges!!!!!!
put on some cheap trims-i did and passed
also on your way to the test watch out for any cement mixers on the road they tend to have all sorts jagged shaft and poles etc protriding from them(but its ok for them!!)

Hellfire

posted on 15/7/06 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Loverly car m8 - hope it passes...

Trim those arches!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.