Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 Clock Mounting
fesycresy

posted on 20/3/06 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
R1 Clock Mounting

Has anyone mounted their clocks, R1 or other, outside the 127mm steering wheel limit and passed the SVA ?

If so, what did you use to comply with the 2.5mm radius ?

I've been told by a reliable source to use a hoover belt and temporarily fix it over the clocks, but I'm concered I'll get a difficult examiner.

Cheers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

zxrlocost

posted on 20/3/06 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
if you look at mine there within the radius and still look superb
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

fesycresy

posted on 20/3/06 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Does look good, but you've a straight bottom dash, mine drops down to the tunnel top. If I don't put it centre then it's going to look off.

I may be able to get it directly behind the wheel, but I'd prefer it in the centre.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

kev R1

posted on 20/3/06 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
i was thinking exactly the same before i mounted mine, but put it bang on in the centre, don't think it looks too bad!! hope this helps a little! Rescued attachment dash lo.JPG
Rescued attachment dash lo.JPG

Hellfire

posted on 20/3/06 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
We mounted both our Fireblade Clocks and ZX12R clocks in the centre of the dash, (not both on same car I hasten to add) so some fell outside the SVA exempt zone. We made a plastic ring to fit over the dials with a > 2.5mm radius. I'll see if I can find a picture..............

Phil

Hellfire

posted on 20/3/06 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote

smart51

posted on 20/3/06 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Mine are not exactly central but look fine. They are just within the 127 mm of the sierra wheel. Look at the pic in my archive.
richijenkin

posted on 20/3/06 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
mounted in the centre on a piece of bent alloy, then mounted the alloy to the dash from the back

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.