Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Making up chassis number
donut

posted on 15/2/06 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
Making up chassis number

I have just been in contact with my local DVLA in Wimbledon and we sorted out my new chassis number over the phone. I made my own one up but was told that i could not use the letters I Q and Z and there has to be 17 digits.

Mine is MKCLUBSPORT and the rest in numbers. kewl!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 15/2/06 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Flash git, spose i'd better get mine sorted soon, no chance of driving it, but it's a step in the right direction, I'll get the details later

Jason

shortie

posted on 15/2/06 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Exactly as Donut says, I made mine up MKB1ADE then both my daughters names worked into it.
jos

posted on 15/2/06 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Its a good laugh making up you own chassis number. Mine is made up of my initials, DOB, manufacturer and ends in 01 as its hopefully not going to be the first and last kitcar I make.

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

Hellfire

posted on 15/2/06 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
MKHELLF1RE............. and a few numbers.

donut

posted on 15/2/06 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
I'm calling my car a Club Sport cos i help run the MK owners club. Just need to fine a pair of stickers for the bonnet and boot.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 15/2/06 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Can you organise the number without the inspection, am not that near sva, but I wouldn't mind the chassis number

Jason

shortie

posted on 15/2/06 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
I just made up my chassis number and did SVA and then got it inspected after, no problems.

Rich.

donut

posted on 15/2/06 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
If you make one up that's personal to you theres less chance of anyone else having it but DON'T stamp it into the chassis untill they confirm you can have it.

I think they will only issue it when you have an inspection. If you have SVA 1st and the number is not available they you are screwed!!

Andy

graememk

posted on 15/2/06 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
i was thinking about "secret7xxxxx" lol

Simon

posted on 15/2/06 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
I'm calling my car a Club Sport cos i help run the MK owners club. Just need to fine a pair of stickers for the bonnet and boot.

How about what I had cut from polished stainless. Called the car Deimos and it's got a V8.

The black bit is pen at the moment, but will be bead blasted to show difference.

ATB

Simon Rescued attachment Deimos 3.JPG
Rescued attachment Deimos 3.JPG

nitram38

posted on 15/2/06 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Just find on of those vin checking websites and put the number in. If your number is not recognised, then it is ok to use. I have been told the sva will accept anything as long as it adheres to the rules of no 'I's etc.
Anyone know what the size of the letters/number need to be?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.