Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Track Day before IVA
rallyingden

posted on 3/12/09 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Track Day before IVA

Had a search but could not spot anything....

Is there anything stopping me from using my car on a track day PRIOR to it being IVA / Road legal ?

Cheers

RD

tegwin

posted on 3/12/09 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
No issue, some track days insist you have an MOT...

Others dont..

you will need insurance though I think for most!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

cd.thomson

this came up many moons ago because you could use it as a shake down for the car before IVA.

I think the issue is that some/most track days require your car have a valid MOT

Craig

blakep82

i think some places are different, but no, not really. no need for MOT or anything, but will get a scruitineering type inspection before you go out normally.

at least, thats how knockhill used to do it

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

turbodisplay

posted on 3/12/09 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
When I went to snetterton with my celica, the reirement was "to an mot standard". No exposed wheels (mot failure).

I so wish i did that before my failure to make it to the sva.
I would also film it, so if (or when) they say this won`t last 5 minutes, you can show them going down the straight at 100+ mph.
Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 3/12/09 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
I took mine to a track day before SVA, well before it was finished eg, no indicators on the front cycle wings etc. No problem what so ever..
Just for reference it was April 2008 at Teeside Autodrome before the SVA in July. Rescued attachment RY0W8625.jpg
Rescued attachment RY0W8625.jpg

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

MakeEverything

posted on 3/12/09 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin

you will need insurance though I think for most!

Why? Most insurance companies dont cover you for racing or pace making. Every track day ive been on is entirely at everyones risk, and the disclaimer says as much.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

mark chandler

posted on 3/12/09 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
They just need your car to be safe... no need for MOT unless explicitly asked for such as GOME.

The inspection, well glance on a good looking car is to stop someone buying a rotten crate for £25 then thrashing it on the track and being a danger to other drivers.

rallyingden

posted on 4/12/09 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Guys

I understand that it would need to go through "Scruitineering" I'm used to that and would not go near a track without it being safe enough, but like Coozer I prob wont have all the lights done, stop lights will be working.

Cheers

RD

[Edited on 4/12/09 by rallyingden]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.