Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA fail @ Shrewsbury
mad-butcher

posted on 13/1/09 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
SVA fail @ Shrewsbury

Evening All
First just like to say a big thanks to Stuart the tester, top fella ,wasn't nervous at all if it passed it passed strange as i'm completely the opposite with MOT's. Biggest worry was self centering and noise. Springs in thge steering rack will do no good as the official way is to drive it round the perimiter of the compound at 20/30 mph and look for a degree of self centering.
fail point one.
I've had the car about 4yrs and the headlamp bar is the old type....hence the fail ..... EDGES Rescued attachment fail headlamp.JPG
Rescued attachment fail headlamp.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mad-butcher

posted on 13/1/09 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Next
the dreaded childs hard again, I had put edge trim on cut out when I first built it. but the first trackday we did it melted and I forgot to replace it. moral of the story keep the opening as small as possible Rescued attachment fail exhaust.JPG
Rescued attachment fail exhaust.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mad-butcher

posted on 13/1/09 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
next
interior projections
put the relays under the dash for easy access but the dreaded head came into play again, just need to make an ally cover for them.
switches and clocks
Yes you did warn me The aeroswitch and starter button, temp gauge in exemption area
but fuel gauge and speedo not radiused, I have an ACEWELL unit on the dash behind wheel setup and calibrated purchased just for the rev counter facility, but seeing as a fuel gauge is not an sva requirement and both speedos passed those 2 offending items are going and the holes blanking off

[Edited on 14/1/09 by mad-butcher] Rescued attachment clocks and switches fail.JPG
Rescued attachment clocks and switches fail.JPG

mad-butcher

posted on 13/1/09 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
relays Rescued attachment fail 3 relays.JPG
Rescued attachment fail 3 relays.JPG

Johneturbo

posted on 13/1/09 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Doesn't sound too bad, a bit of tweaking to get it to self center, then jobs a gooden
mad-butcher

posted on 13/1/09 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
I'm struggling on this one for a cure
Damned seat belt tops not radiused Rescued attachment fail seatbelts.JPG
Rescued attachment fail seatbelts.JPG

iceman26

posted on 13/1/09 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
u trim around the seat belt tops mine passed with that on
Simon

posted on 13/1/09 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Quite a "good" fail

For seat belt bolts, I made some ally trim and covered them in vinyl - look great, easy to remove and SVA friendly.

Can't find any pics, but if you want some, let me know and I'll get some up.

ATB

Simon

David Jenkins

posted on 13/1/09 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
I put some edge trim round mine, held on by tie-wraps at the ends. With a little bit of effort you can make it look very neat and 'permanent' (ahem...). For example, make sure that the lump on the tie-wrap is tucked away under the fixing.

mad-butcher

posted on 13/1/09 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
and that's it, a degree of self centering wasn't a problem.
NOISE Must hold the record on this one 101db needed 100.9db on the meter as stuart said it's the side of the reading he wanted.
Thanks for all the help so far, big thanks to stuart for a great morning, thanks to all the pratts on the A41 at 6.30 this morning with their main beams on, thanks to the dickhead who nearly wrote me and the trailer off, he overtook a wagon got along side the trailer and realised he still had 25 feet to go, he had to jam his brakes on and pull in behind me I think the airhorns and spot lamps on the wagon woke him up
Tony

mad-butcher

posted on 13/1/09 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Just out of interest I mentioned to stuart about having to spiral wrap the braided hoses and he said it's not an issue with him it's not an SVA requirement
adithorp

posted on 13/1/09 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
I used small edge trim around the seat belt ends. I fed the first end into the webbing hoop, went around the bracket and trimmed the other end to just meet the first inside the webbing. It was a bit fiddly to do (warm it a bit makes, it more pliable) but looks neat and has stayed on post SVA .

Alternative is to find some covers off a tin-top mounts at the scrapers. I've been told Fiesta ones do OK, but not tried it.

My R1 db's came in at 100.8, 100.9 and 101.1. He took the average and passed it!

Good fail all the same.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.