Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More sva c20xe engine date question (sorry)
tomgregory2000

posted on 5/1/09 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
More sva c20xe engine date question (sorry)

[img] Engine date
Engine date
[/img]

and what is the southampton test centre like? are they heavy on the paper work?

Tommy

[Edited on 19/1/09 by tomgregory2000]

cd.thomson

posted on 5/1/09 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
theyre going to pissed if they realise what youre doing and youll be on completely the wrong foot with that being fraud and all.

Will vauxhall not produce one for you?

blakep82

posted on 5/1/09 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
^ hmmm wot he said.
just as vauxhall to confirm it. save a lot of possible hassle later.
having someone make receipts for you for bits you've bought is one thing, but the inspector will know exactly what vauxhall letters look like

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

tomgregory2000

posted on 5/1/09 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
i thought as much
oh well going to have to try and deal with vauxhall

blakep82

posted on 5/1/09 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
have you not tried yet? neither have i, but it might be easier than you thought!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

russbost

posted on 5/1/09 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
I had to do exactly this with Toyota, my initial SVA was 22nd Dec, spoke to Toyota on my return home that afternoon & they promised to send the letter out that day (this was about 3.15pm!), received the letter on the 24th, passed SVA today - defo not worth risking something fraudulent - remember they see these letters all the time!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
blakep82

posted on 5/1/09 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
^ i knew there was a story of someone who got theirs really quick. couldn't remember who and what, but there you go!

tomgregory2000

posted on 5/1/09 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
ill let you know how i get on with vauxhall as all i have to go to them with are some engine numbers, and i think i read on here somewhere that they only go from vin numbers and i dont have that but will let you know
omega 24 v6

posted on 5/1/09 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
This link may help you see where your engine number slots in (roughly) whether it'd be acceptable as proof I don't know but I'd doubt it.

A list of XE numbers

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

martthefridgeman

posted on 5/1/09 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
you need to email a guy at vauxhalls called jonathan bell, he will tell you what to do and the cost. his email address is jonathan.bell@vauxhall.co.uk
Basicly he makes no promises as to weather he can date your engine or not and will charge you regardless (was £65 3 years ago). If you dont have any luck let me know, i still have my letter from him concerning my engine age and would be willing to lend it as a last resort for copying. Failing that i have a v5 on sorn for a scrapped 2.0litre carlton you could use that and send it off for an engine change and use your c20xe serial then use the updated v5 as proof of age or just restamp your block with the carlton engine number. Another thought that occurs to me is if your engine number is earlier than mine then my letter would prove your engine was older than mine and would also be exempt from catalyst test, but you probably have to write to vosa to confirm if this was acceptable. Hope this helps Mart.

philw

posted on 5/1/09 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought, cant you argue the fact that the Redtop was phased out 93/94 and the Ecotec was introduced 94/95.

Must try harder

martthefridgeman

posted on 5/1/09 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
According to haynes the red top was produced up to 1998. Mart
philw

posted on 5/1/09 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by martthefridgeman
According to haynes the red top was produced up to 1998. Mart

In England?

Must try harder

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.