Board logo

can i rag it to SVA with no number plate??????
IDONTBELEIVEIT - 14/10/08 at 08:18 PM

after reading some of your posts can you drive O.K to SVA without number plate

i know i can but would mr SVA appreciate this your comments highly regarded Rescued attachment DSCN1904.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCN1904.JPG

SeaBass - 14/10/08 at 08:19 PM

Ha ha ha... another large image IDONTBELIEVEIT...

Mr Henderson's gonna blow his top!

[Edited on 14/10/08 by SeaBass]

nick205 - 14/10/08 at 08:32 PM

You can (if correctly insured and booked for a test) drive your un-plated car to the SVA test. As for the goggles, well that's a personal choice really.

and so we can see what you look like without scrolling.... Rescued attachment untitled.jpg
Rescued attachment untitled.jpg

chris_smith - 14/10/08 at 08:34 PM

quote:

Ha ha ha... another large image IDONTBELIEVEIT... Mr Henderson's gonna blow his top!

IDONTBELEIVEIT - 14/10/08 at 08:51 PM

wot do you mean goggles???there my driving glasses

quote:

As for the goggles, well that's a personal choice really.

IDONTBELEIVEIT - 14/10/08 at 08:51 PM

quote:

UncleFista - 14/10/08 at 08:51 PM

We drove to the SVA station and back 3 times, over the Pennines with no plates.
We never got a second look from either Plod or Mr SVA.

Take a spare set of clothing and a bucket to bail out, it p***ed it down all the way

Mucho fun

IDONTBELEIVEIT - 14/10/08 at 08:53 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Rescued attachment DSCN1903.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCN1903.JPG

BenB - 14/10/08 at 09:11 PM

In the words of Churchill himself.

Ooooooooooooooooh yes

Simon - 14/10/08 at 09:25 PM

Yeah, but I'd lose the disguise first

ATB

Simon

coozer - 14/10/08 at 09:57 PM

Nice facial hair display there I must say.. my WWITNNO won't allow me one little bit.

02GF74 - 15/10/08 at 06:40 AM

winter must be approaching as the hair is migrating south.

02GF74 - 15/10/08 at 06:41 AM

oh, the answer is yes.

I made SVA letteers from maskking tape. sod's law meant that I drove past a police car who did not bat an eyelid - only hassle I got was from Mr White Van Man but I shouted SVA nad floored it so it was ok.

speedyxjs - 15/10/08 at 07:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
oh, the answer is yes.

I made SVA letteers from maskking tape. sod's law meant that I drove past a police car who did not bat an eyelid - only hassle I got was from Mr White Van Man but I shouted SVA nad floored it so it was ok.

Nice one

nick205 - 15/10/08 at 08:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Nice facial hair display there I must say.. my WWITNNO won't allow me one little bit.

Me neither - and I've always liked a bit of beard

By the way - what's a "WWITNNO" (new one on me)

pewe - 15/10/08 at 08:06 AM

You can also drive to a "relevant place" for a pre-booked appointment to have faults rectified after an SVA fail.
However it must be insured and you may be committing an offence if it doesn't comply with construction and use regulations.
At least that's what it says on my fail certificate ....... but yours won't fail, will it?
HTH.
Cheers, Pewe

grazzledazzle - 15/10/08 at 08:38 AM

They can stop you driving it home again though if they don't like something...

I managed to pull up at some traffic lights with plod behind me with no number plate on. At the moment i came to a halt a fuel line blew off squirting high pressure fuel all over the road and hot exhaust. Plod couldn't care less, they helped me push it onto the pavement!

Peteff - 15/10/08 at 11:24 AM

Have you ever burnt your tongue? Seriously though, if you want to do the job properly it should be sticking out the other side.

bob - 15/10/08 at 11:43 AM

This will make you laugh, conrod puts a rear number plate on his 1st car for SVA test and they failed it due to incorrect radius edges LOL.

I gaffer taped a piece of paper on with the chassis number on it, tester said it wasnt needed.

As long as your insured on the chassis number and booked your ok.

simonk - 15/10/08 at 11:55 AM

I got no hassle over driving there just with a number plate surround fitted. Most of the looks I got were I suspect due to people wondering what damn fool was driving a car around in the dark and mist with no screen at 06:30 yesterday morning......

Schrodinger - 15/10/08 at 08:59 PM

You don't need a number plate for driving to the sva test and in fact a pedantic PC COULD do you for driving with and illegal plate, SVA not being a legal plate.