Board logo

hmm what do I put???
Mr Whippy - 26/3/07 at 08:09 AM

One of those funny questions, I’m changing the colour of a car on the V5, trouble is it’s gone from yellow to camouflage . What do you think? should I put camouflage down or the individual colours (would that the daft??) I’ve had this scheme many times before but this is the first time I’ve bothered to inform the DVLA

iank - 26/3/07 at 08:16 AM

My understanding is you are supposed to put the colour there is most area, don't think they can cope with multiple colours in the database.

Think I'd probably plump for green anyway (since that's in most camouflage patterns) and is probably less likely to get pulled by plod doing a computer check.

Mr Whippy - 26/3/07 at 08:19 AM

ok then that would be cream in my case. cheers.

smart51 - 26/3/07 at 08:35 AM

They want the main colour, or the main unchangable colour if it has removable panels. They also want the basic colour name, so green rather than mint.

Cream camoflage? You going to the desert in it?

RazMan - 26/3/07 at 08:35 AM

I think any more than two colours will be classified as multicoloured.

grahamgg - 26/3/07 at 08:39 AM

Are you changing the colour of your ice cream van to camouflage, so the kids cant spot it

Mr Whippy - 26/3/07 at 08:49 AM

no its gone from ‘Barbie’s Fun Dunebuggy’ to ‘Action Man Assault Vehicle’, all I need now is the foam missile launchers!!

[Edited on 26/3/07 by Mr Whippy]

RazMan - 26/3/07 at 08:55 AM

Something like these?

Mr Whippy - 26/3/07 at 09:03 AM

how cool is that

Mr Whippy - 26/3/07 at 09:14 AM

here's what my sister briefly had when we were little, I say briefly cos I pinched it peeled of the stickers and painted it calmo!! Who’d have thought 30 years later I'd be doing the same thing again! Rescued attachment buggy.jpg
Rescued attachment buggy.jpg

James - 26/3/07 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
here's what my sister briefly had when we were little, I say briefly cos I pinched it peeled of the stickers and painted it calmo!! Who’d have thought 30 years later I'd be doing the same thing again!

Is that the Sindy one? My little sis' had it too!

[Edited on 26/3/07 by James]

iank - 26/3/07 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
here's what my sister briefly had when we were little, I say briefly cos I pinched it peeled of the stickers and painted it calmo!! Who’d have thought 30 years later I'd be doing the same thing again!

What you need is a nice Stimson Bug.
http://www.minimarcos.org.uk/altpics/stimson/bug.html

Mr Whippy - 26/3/07 at 11:41 AM

man thats ugly even for a buggy