Board logo

front indicators -sva
Paul (Notts) - 4/3/07 at 04:12 PM

Quick question - is the distance measured from the edge of the lamp cover or the bulb position. EG the edge of the lamp cover is 39.5 cm from the widest part of the car but the buld is not.

Any tips on the best location to mount them - ie can they prevent areas of the suspension from needing covering.

Paul.

zxrlocost - 4/3/07 at 04:17 PM

do you want to borrow my SVA ones for the nosecone

Dave Castle - 4/3/07 at 04:17 PM

from the edge of the lens 400mm to the widest point of the car

nitram38 - 4/3/07 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Castle
from the edge of the lens 400mm to the widest point of the car

Remember this might be the rear wings on the car!
Many people have failed because they used just the front as a reference point!

Paradoxia0 - 4/3/07 at 05:19 PM

Strangly enough that is exactly what I was looking at earlier today.

In the SVA manual it states:

MAX DISTANCE FROM SIDE (mm)
400 (Min separation 500 unless vehicle width is less than 1400, where Min separation 400)

And as Nitram states, the outermost part of the car is most likely the rear arches.

Mark

Paul (Notts) - 4/3/07 at 05:45 PM

Thanks for the offer zxrlocost but the ones I have should be OK..Just working out where to place them and how big to make the mounts

Paradoxia0 How wide is your car then..?

Mine seems to be about 187 cm at the rear..

Paul

pic of possible mount Rescued attachment nov06 004.jpg
Rescued attachment nov06 004.jpg

Paul (Notts) - 4/3/07 at 05:45 PM

sorry pics a little big!!!!!

Paradoxia0 - 8/3/07 at 10:34 PM

Sorry Paul, didn't subscribe to the thread so didn't know you had replied (yet another newbie mistake!)

I will get my tapemeasure out tomorrow and let you know how wide my Viento is. I need to do it anyhow top whether my indicators will be wide enough before I get the drill out

Mark

nitram38 - 8/3/07 at 11:47 PM

Mac motorsports sell a wing mounted indicator. I put mine on the front cycle wings. It saves all that tubing from the nose.

Paradoxia0 - 10/3/07 at 11:09 PM

Paul

I measured mine as best as I could by myself with it jammed right up against one garage wall and it only seems to be 180cm wide across the rear arches. I wonder whether I ahve the std rear arches and you have the wide ones maybe?

Mark

bob - 11/3/07 at 09:56 AM

I used the regulation rear motorbike indicator and extended with plastic conduit,after the test i removed the conduit. Rescued attachment MK Indy build pics 168.jpg
Rescued attachment MK Indy build pics 168.jpg