Board logo

Bargain Buy But will It Be Okay?
mistergrumpy - 2/3/07 at 03:59 PM

Picked this up earlier from Halfords, £23!
Here
But will it be alright for SVA what with the buttons and it'll need a centre pad.

Hammerhead - 2/3/07 at 04:08 PM

what will the buttons do?

graememk - 2/3/07 at 04:10 PM

i think the buttons are for rockets ?

but dont shoot me if i'm wrong.

mistergrumpy - 2/3/07 at 04:10 PM

Dunno? Horn maybe? Was just thinking of sharp edges or whatever else they could conjur up. I saw it and just grabbed it instinctively as it was cheap!

Hammerhead - 2/3/07 at 04:15 PM

i'm sure you could find something soft with a radius to cover them with at b&q for the sva.

RazMan - 2/3/07 at 04:22 PM

You will probably need to fit a pad over the spokes and switches (but still have a horn switch somewhere) I used a pad from an MX5 import which fitted ok with some cable ties - Mr SVA liked it anyway.

Mike S - 2/3/07 at 06:00 PM

Is it ok for SVA with the flat bottom?

I'm not saying it isn't, just asking the question.

Mike

mistergrumpy - 2/3/07 at 06:31 PM

quote:

Is it ok for SVA with the flat bottom?

Yeah good point. I thought if nowt else it'd go on Ebay for more than I bought it I think the flat bottom'll be right though. Sure I've seen a production car with one. I'll get some kinda padding and stitch it round the spokes, cheers fellas.

russbost - 2/3/07 at 06:33 PM

Mine went thro with a flat bottom wheel, no prob for SVA.

Simon - 2/3/07 at 08:13 PM

Rover made the SD1 and Allegro with a square steering wheel. I doubt the SVA will complain about one flat side

ATB

Simon

martyn_16v - 2/3/07 at 09:21 PM

I've got that wheel but in black, paid a hell of a lot more than 23 quid though

RazMan - 2/3/07 at 10:11 PM

I saw the Momo equivalent in my local shop for 129 quid! If you ask me, you will only pay that if you are a fully paid up member of the fashion slave society
Interior
Interior

Mine was £23 too

[Edited on 2-3-07 by RazMan]

Simon - 3/3/07 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
......you will only pay that if you are a fully paid up member of the fashion slave society

[Edited on 2-3-07 by RazMan]

That's likely - we're all driving cars that cost 250 quid

ATB

Simon

Peteff - 3/3/07 at 05:42 PM

Is the SVA cheaper at B&Q if you have a pensioner with a card to get it for you?

The buttons are recessed so they shouldn't take much covering, I bet it was cheap because of the colour

02GF74 - 5/3/07 at 09:44 AM

I am not aware of SVA stipulating shape of steering wheel but the question I would ask is does the exempt area get rasied since its boundary is from the bottom of the steering wheel (and can you increase it to help yourself by having car in not straight ahead posiiton - I guess you can get round that by fitting it upside down?)

as for the square steering wheels, you are wrong, they were triangular but with an extra side

02GF74 - 5/3/07 at 09:44 AM

I am not aware of SVA stipulating shape of steering wheel but the question I would ask is does the exempt area get rasied since its boundary is from the bottom of the steering wheel (and can you increase it to help yourself by having car in not straight ahead posiiton - I guess you can get round that by fitting it upside down?)

as for the square steering wheels, you are wrong, they were triangular but with an extra side