Board logo

I got a mac for christmas...
Bob C - 18/12/06 at 01:33 PM

Yep - just passed SVA (2nd visit)

Happy xmas to me!

This is what it's about.....

greetings Bob

PS I put one or 2 pics in a SVA section of my photo archive Rescued attachment mac.jpg
Rescued attachment mac.jpg

zxrlocost - 18/12/06 at 01:36 PM

hi bob well done out of interest what did it weigh

thanks chris

Bob C - 18/12/06 at 01:38 PM

Ta chris,
210 front 230 rear
Bob

zxrlocost - 18/12/06 at 01:44 PM

and are you pleased with it

Bob C - 18/12/06 at 01:56 PM

Oh yeah - Now I've driven it 100yds...... it will take a bit of getting used to (about 50% average on starting without stalling) plus if you press the accelerator at 2500revs+ it just lights up both back wheels!! maybe some sticky tyres might be a good investment!
I now have to reverse a select few of the crazier SVA mods ;^) and sort myself out with a windscreen. Maybe I'll get my reverse to work as well. And register & insure etc.
Bob

stevec - 18/12/06 at 04:56 PM

Well done Bob, Its a big relief that little bit of paper, Dont forget to photocopy it because you wont see the original after the DVLA nick it off you.
Steve.

macnab - 18/12/06 at 05:07 PM

'Oh yeah - Now I've driven it 100yds...... it will take a bit of getting used to (about 50% average on starting without stalling) plus if you press the accelerator at 2500revs+ it just lights up both back wheels!! maybe some sticky tyres might be a good investment!'

Hmm that's why I went for the v6 rather than a bike engine, easier to control in traffic.

GeoffB - 18/12/06 at 10:22 PM

Big congrats mate..

I know the mac feeling is so good..

All the best

Geoff

Bob C - 2/1/07 at 01:11 PM

Now also got tax insurance registration and plates..... - if it stops raining I'll try to find out what 2nd gear is like tonight!!!!Happy new year!
Bob
now 9 pm & I've driven it round to a mate's house. Bit overdamped & still got 1/4 turn SVA toe out but blimey - it's wick! I was wearing shades in the dark to kep the cold air out of my eyes - passers by must have thought I was mental. I somehow don't think I'll drive it much before summer.....

[Edited on 2/1/07 by Bob C]

Simon - 6/1/07 at 12:49 AM

Bob,

Well done

I do like the protective covers on your coilovers!!

ATB

Simon

Bob C - 6/1/07 at 07:44 PM

Cheers Simon - I suspect they may not stay on forever.... I could have got slicks but they were a tenner each!!!! - the rain tyres were a tenner for 4. So - the car on your avatar - that bonnet bump - where's that from?
ATB
Bob
PS - just checked out your photo archive & seen its all yr own work - & considerably larger than my needs!

[Edited on 6/1/07 by Bob C]