James - 4/7/06 at 04:16 PM

Cheers mate!

I'm gonna need it!

Still got half a car to build!

Cheers,
James

nitram38 - 4/7/06 at 04:17 PM

Good luck from me too.
Hope you don't p*ss off Michael too much, I have my retest on Thursday!

ned - 4/7/06 at 04:26 PM

don't worry james i'll be round shortly with the jerry can and the mig gas bottle

Ned.

donut - 4/7/06 at 04:31 PM

You gonna set it on fire then Ned?

scutter - 4/7/06 at 04:52 PM

Doesn't sound promising James, I'd move the car before Ned turns up

Best of luck for tomorrow.

ATB Dan.

Fozzie - 4/7/06 at 05:03 PM

Oooeer gone 'public' now then James?
Tee-hee....seriously the very best of luck from DLT and me!
I'll be waiting for a text!

Fozzie

PS beware of 'Yellow Peril' bearing gifts of a jerry can and mig gas bottle...........

stevec - 4/7/06 at 05:44 PM

All the best James,
Steve.

PaulBuz - 4/7/06 at 07:18 PM

There goes another of the old timers, finished his build before me.
I'll soon be the longest build on here(Steve G aside!)

Seriously though. Good luck, its been a long road to this point, enjoy it

Pezza - 4/7/06 at 08:03 PM

Good luck dude!

Deckman001 - 4/7/06 at 08:34 PM

Good luck for tomorrow matey

Jason

DIY Si - 4/7/06 at 08:38 PM

Hope all goes well. We need more on the road, if only to annoy slow drivers......

JoelP - 4/7/06 at 09:03 PM

good luck jimbob!

how far behind is ned?! lol...

Danozeman - 4/7/06 at 09:23 PM

Good luck mate. Hope you pass...

jimmyjoebob - 4/7/06 at 09:43 PM

Good luck. Don't forget your camera (are you allowed to photo your car at test place?)

Simon - 4/7/06 at 10:38 PM

ATB

Simon

James - 5/7/06 at 06:43 AM

Well, it turns out I'm a no show.

I've worked on the car literally for 24 hours now. From 8AM yesterday morning until now, all night sodding long.

But, it's still not finished. It got till time to leave and only one seat in, no seatbelts, no headlights and a bunch of other stuff to do.

Was just at the point of deciding what to do when the heavens opened with one of the worst downpours in a long time and it still ain't stopped raining over an hour later.

Depressed and knackered so going to bed.

Night!

James

I should add, my greatest thanks to Ned to who stayed up all night helping me as well.

And sincerest apologies to Bob as well who was at the test centre to meet me. Sorry Bob!

Night,
James

ned - 5/7/06 at 06:59 AM

Get some rest mate, we'll get it sorted another day. couple of pics to follow shortly.
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=gal&user=ned&folder=james%20sva

[Edited on 5/7/06 by ned]

bob - 5/7/06 at 07:48 AM

Just returned from Mitcham test centre

Traffics nice wimbledon week

I've seen the pics and i'm not sure what you was thinking when you took a cancelation, i think i was right when i said you should have swapped tests with donut for next wednesday

Anyway no worries you will get there.

donut - 5/7/06 at 07:59 AM

Bad luck James.

Mind you as Bob stated, i could have had that slot

Oh well.

Is this a locost shirt you have on James?

tarpaulin out
tarpaulin out

James - 5/7/06 at 11:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by donut
Bad luck James.

Mind you as Bob stated, i could have had that slot

Oh well.

It's cost me to miss the test.

Clearly I wouldn't have accepted it if I didn't think I would be ready. The were just too many unexpected problems, like seats I'd had fitted many times before (and expected to take 5 minutes to fit) didn't now fit because of the internal trim panels moving them, it then took hours to sort out. The lack of headlights in the downpour was the final straw...

On Thursday I ordered the proper SVA proof headlights. I paid extra for next day delivery.

They just turned up today.....

Thanks for all the good lucks though everyone!

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 5/7/06 by James]

ned - 5/7/06 at 11:43 AM

James,

Did you call Mitcham in the end, was there a cancellation/no show fee on top of the sva cost? what about rescheduling?

I'd ask for the delivery cost back from wherever you bought the lights from - if it was next day courier and took 4 days i'd want my money back!

Ned.

David Jenkins - 5/7/06 at 11:49 AM

What a bummer...

I was a bit luckier for my test - it was many weeks between booking a test and getting an appointment, so I had lots of time to pick away at all the little time-wasting jobs. It was finished several weeks before the test.

Mind you, I failed to turn up for my first test, as I had loss of oil pressure on the way - found out later that I could have fixed it in 10 minutes - the joy of knowledge after the event...

Anyway, when you next book your appointment you'll have to pay the whole amount again - but a partial refund of the first test fee comes to you via a different route. I believe that you forfeit £50.

Better luck next time!
David

donut - 5/7/06 at 02:36 PM

It's always the finishing off that takes the time!!