Board logo

R1 Clock Mounting
fesycresy - 20/3/06 at 08:27 PM

Has anyone mounted their clocks, R1 or other, outside the 127mm steering wheel limit and passed the SVA ?

If so, what did you use to comply with the 2.5mm radius ?

I've been told by a reliable source to use a hoover belt and temporarily fix it over the clocks, but I'm concered I'll get a difficult examiner.

Cheers.

zxrlocost - 20/3/06 at 08:38 PM

if you look at mine there within the radius and still look superb

fesycresy - 20/3/06 at 08:47 PM

Does look good, but you've a straight bottom dash, mine drops down to the tunnel top. If I don't put it centre then it's going to look off.

I may be able to get it directly behind the wheel, but I'd prefer it in the centre.

kev R1 - 20/3/06 at 09:03 PM

i was thinking exactly the same before i mounted mine, but put it bang on in the centre, don't think it looks too bad!! hope this helps a little! Rescued attachment dash lo.JPG
Rescued attachment dash lo.JPG

Hellfire - 20/3/06 at 10:04 PM

We mounted both our Fireblade Clocks and ZX12R clocks in the centre of the dash, (not both on same car I hasten to add) so some fell outside the SVA exempt zone. We made a plastic ring to fit over the dials with a > 2.5mm radius. I'll see if I can find a picture..............

Phil

Hellfire - 20/3/06 at 10:09 PM

smart51 - 20/3/06 at 10:23 PM

Mine are not exactly central but look fine. They are just within the 127 mm of the sierra wheel. Look at the pic in my archive.

richijenkin - 20/3/06 at 10:52 PM

mounted in the centre on a piece of bent alloy, then mounted the alloy to the dash from the back