Board logo

Seat belt top mounts
jonbeedle - 2/9/05 at 07:39 PM

Will this pass the SVA if the mountings are 450mm above the distance piece that Mr SVA man is going to place on my seat? I'm concerned that the fact that the belts contact the top of the bench seat will be an issue.
Cheers
Jon

jonbeedle - 2/9/05 at 07:42 PM

Rescued attachment DSCF0004.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0004.JPG

chrisg - 2/9/05 at 08:01 PM

Many people have added an extra bar accross the roll bar to take the mountings higher, as it stands mate it looks like you might struggle.

I'll try to find a piccy.

Cheers

Chris

JoelP - 2/9/05 at 09:52 PM

as i understand it (ive not read the manual by the way! ), if the seatbelt rests on the seat, then the seat itself is tested for strength. Hence its ideal if it doesnt touch it, though your seat may well be strong enough anyway.

jonbeedle - 3/9/05 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
Many people have added an extra bar accross the roll bar to take the mountings higher, as it stands mate it looks like you might struggle.

I'll try to find a piccy.

Cheers

Chris

There is a bar welded to my roll bar (you can see it in the photo) but my roll bar is bolted on and I don't think mounting the belts on there will be as strong as where they are currently mounted.
Cheers
Jon

pajsh - 4/9/05 at 08:25 AM

Slightly different but I just failed on this because I thought the hole guides in Cobra 7 style seats were OK.

I was told I could only rely on this if Cobra stated they were structural.

Guess you will need to convince the SVA man the top of the seat is structral.

I failed by about 12mm and am now planning to put a bar across the roll bar.

HTH

pajsh

scutter - 4/9/05 at 09:14 AM

Pajsh, I would contact Cobra on this one, as i went back to them to have the slots retro fitted and they said they go through a metal frame in the seats.

One of the things my car did pass on was the fact the harnesses went though the seats.

Cobra were realy helpful and i'm sure they'll supply supporting evidence.

ATB Dan.