Board logo

What does the SVA wants from me regarding the engine
Rene - 29/8/05 at 08:16 PM

I bought a Rover V8 some time ago; I never saw the donorcar, but it was a SD1, I was told.

What does the SVA wants from me when I present the car?

The V8 has double Strombergs with spaghetti waterpipes, it doesnot run very well on this set I heard, but thats another point. Rescued attachment Rover-V8-400.jpg
Rescued attachment Rover-V8-400.jpg

Avoneer - 29/8/05 at 10:30 PM

A legitimate engine number with proof of age.

Pat...

Rene - 29/8/05 at 10:38 PM

Thx Pat

a) the engine number is stamped on the case: is that enough
b) proof of age: how should I know

Could you help me with that.

By the way :is there a list from Rover somewhere with gives information about the car age ?

V8Dave - 29/8/05 at 11:46 PM

I managed to find out the registration of my donor through LandRover traceability I just have the fax no. but not sure what you do with an SD1, as mine was a Range rover donor, now rover are gone.
Dave

[Edited on 29/8/05 by V8Dave]

Paul (Notts) - 30/8/05 at 05:23 AM

Rimmer Brothres used to have a table of engine numbers on their web site but the information seems to have vanished as I can no longer find the table just refrences to it?

I LL find my copy later and post the numbers for sd1 engines -

Mr SVA will require more proof than this and I was planning to get in touch with him closer to the time to see what he requires as My ebgine is from an 88 landrover.

Snuggs - 30/8/05 at 06:29 AM

This may help.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/rimmer/land-rover/range-rover/eng-v8#Engine%20Numbers

The table is also printed in their V8 catalogue.

Rene - 30/8/05 at 09:28 PM

Thx for the replies guys, but I have still not the answer.
Rover V8 / not a Landrover engine !
engine number: 11A70537
above it: CR 9 351

.. and it was sold in the Netherlands. I can't check those numbers and the central Rover dealer is out of business.

any ideas left ??

They are very welcome !

Snuggs - 1/9/05 at 08:09 AM

According to the Rimmer catalogue 11A engines were fitted from 1976 to 1987 in SD1 automatics

Rene - 1/9/05 at 03:03 PM

Thx for help Snuggs; till 1987 taht's important
Automatic is correct..
I already have another flywheel and gearbox.

Another question:
The HTcoil Lucas 32C5( + and -) has some sort of electronic resistance box and that goes somewhere with 3 threads . I think to some starter key.

Do you know the conection of those threads ?

Good luck with your Luego Viento/lots of space !