Board logo

IVA Paid
daveb666 - 29/5/13 at 11:01 AM

I sent the paperwork off last Friday evening. It was signed for (Royal Mail track and trace) this morning at 9.20am and at 11.50am I was telephoned by an absolutely lovely-sounding lady, who took the payment for my IVA

She said the paperwork will be sent off to my chosen station (Manchester) today, and I should call them next week if I've not heard anything before - which sounds a lot speedier than a person that posted a few days ago?

Seriously excited now! I suppose I'd best get my final pieces of trim cover fitted !

Acc8braman - 29/5/13 at 11:17 AM

Excellent News

Good luck with the test, I'm hoping to be in a similar place in a months time.

dave107 - 29/5/13 at 12:04 PM

Good luck hope she's right sent mine of two weeks ago, she phoned within two days paid my money not heard anything since.

skov - 29/5/13 at 12:56 PM

That's strange, I phoned VOSA yesterday and they told me they had a 3 week back-log of IVA applications!
I paid for mine about this time last week and they said they won't even look at my application until the 12th June

daveb666 - 29/5/13 at 12:59 PM

I thought it was you that rang up skov I guess such a big company gives different messages? I'll be on the phone for sure this time next week to chase it up.

rdodger - 29/5/13 at 02:22 PM

9 days since I paid. Still not been processed let alone sent to the test centre!

I have just been informed that the "nice lady" is processing form submitted on the 15th May today so is approx 2 weeks behind.

[Edited on 29/5/13 by rdodger]

Ben_Copeland - 29/5/13 at 07:14 PM

Dave you must have slipped some extra money in to get sorted so quick lol

big_wasa - 29/5/13 at 08:04 PM

I look forward to the photo's.

I would love one of it going in.

daveb666 - 5/6/13 at 12:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rdodger
9 days since I paid. Still not been processed let alone sent to the test centre!

I have just been informed that the "nice lady" is processing form submitted on the 15th May today so is approx 2 weeks behind.

[Edited on 29/5/13 by rdodger]

Just telephoned VOSA 1 week after paying (which is what the lady on the phone told me to do). The lady I spoke to this time said

"The system says that the department is currently processing forms submitted on the 15th May, but these dates are notorious for being out-of-date. I therefore suggest you call back every 3 days to keep a check on your application."

I said that a week ago a date of the 15th May was given to a friend and she said that just confirms that the information she has is properly not up to date - therefore - who the hell knows when we're going to get a test date!

rdodger - 5/6/13 at 03:56 PM

15 days after paying for mine.

Just called them and it was processed yesterday and has been passed onto a technical officer. If everything is properly completed it will then be passed to the test centre. When will that be? Hard to say :-(

The wheels turn awfully slowly over there!

kimbo1982 - 5/6/13 at 04:59 PM

I paid for my IVA on the 30th April, just got my test date today for the 25th June at Beverly test centre.
Things are very slow at the moment, I hope a cancelation comes up!

big_wasa - 5/6/13 at 05:30 PM

What jobs have you got left Dave ?

daveb666 - 6/6/13 at 07:14 AM

Jobs left to do aren't major, I'm just playing and tinkering now because I'm bored (which is never a good thing to do!)

- Replace exhaust bobbin mounts as the rubbers are starting to split
- Fit door threshold edging
- Wrap the edge of the exhaust box near the tailpipe as the rivetted edge is quite sharp.

Other than that, it's good to go as far as I know.

daveb666 - 12/6/13 at 12:55 PM

Phoned VOSA again today, the lady said my form is currently being reviewed at the moment.

Therefore timeline so far:

May 27th - Docs Sent
May 29th - Payment Received
June 5th - Chased; told VOSA are 2 weeks behind on applications
June 12th - Chased; told document currently being reviewed.

skov - 12/6/13 at 01:09 PM

I phoned them earlier today too!
They originally said they'd look at my form today, but they must have done some catching up as they said they processed it and sent it to the test centre two days ago.
They phoned the test centre and they confirmed they had received it this morning and would phone me later today with a date

daveb666 - 12/6/13 at 01:15 PM

They must have done some catching up then as your form landed about a week before mine? Fingers crossed for your test date!!

Ben_Copeland - 12/6/13 at 01:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daveb666
Phoned VOSA again today, the lady said my form is currently being reviewed at the moment.

Therefore timeline so far:

May 27th - Docs Sent
June 12th - Chased; told document currently being reviewed.

And next week they'll have lost your details and deny all knowledge of forms

rdodger - 12/6/13 at 01:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by skov
I phoned them earlier today too!
They originally said they'd look at my form today, but they must have done some catching up as they said they processed it and sent it to the test centre two days ago.
They phoned the test centre and they confirmed they had received it this morning and would phone me later today with a date

Busy morning for them today then. I chased mine and it was approved today by the technical guy and will be sent to the test centre this afternoon.

I can start chasing the Chadderton on Friday

skov - 12/6/13 at 01:44 PM

quote:
They must have done some catching up then as your form landed about a week before mine? Fingers crossed for your test date!!

Yeah, I sent mine on the 20th May and paid on the 22nd, so they must have done a weeks worth of applications in 2 days!
Or more likely, they didn't receive (m)any more applications in the 7 days between us sending ours in!

Fingers crossed you'll get your date through soon too!

daveb666 - 12/6/13 at 01:51 PM

Just phoned another number (01792 454288) and was told mine is being assessed tomorrow morning and I'll get a call to confirm it's been passed to the test centre.

rdodger; looks like you will be getting your test before me then; best of luck mate!!

skov - 12/6/13 at 02:41 PM

Got my test date, woot woot
Leighton Buzzard just phoned and booked me in for the 25th June. I'm both excited and sh!ting myself!

AndyW - 12/6/13 at 04:19 PM

quote:
Leighton Buzzard just phoned and booked me in for the 25th June. I'm both excited and sh!ting myself!

You must let me know how Leighton Buzzard test centre is, as thats where I plan to take mine!! Good luck!!

skov - 12/6/13 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
You must let me know how Leighton Buzzard test centre is, as thats where I plan to take mine!! Good luck!!

Thanks Andy!
I'll be sure to do a little write up afterwards. From what I've read the tester is a good guy, but possibly a bit too hot on the exterior projections!

[Edited on 13/6/13 by skov]

AndyW - 13/6/13 at 09:37 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW

Thanks Andy!
I'll be sure to do a little write up afterwards. From what I've read the tester is a good guy, but possibly a bit too hot on the exterior projections!

[Edited on 13/6/13 by skov]

Good luck for the 25th, not long now, the wait is nearly over lol.

daveb666 - 14/6/13 at 11:34 AM

May 27th - Docs Sent
June 12th - Chased; told document currently being reviewed
June 13th - Chased; document STILL being reviewed
June 14th - Phone call from VOSA - application processed and will be passed to centre today.

skov - 15/6/13 at 09:19 AM

Hopefully get your test date early next week then!

daveb666 - 20/6/13 at 08:19 AM

May 27th - Docs Sent
June 14th - Phone call from VOSA - application processed and will be passed to centre today
June 19th - Chased; test date confirmed as 8am July 4th (even though the test centre still haven't rung me yet)

skov - 20/6/13 at 08:57 AM

Nice one Dave, the pressure's on now!
Best of luck with the test!

daveb666 - 20/6/13 at 09:04 AM

Thanks skov!

Bar putting some more fuel in the tank I don't think there is anymore I can do tbh. If it fails it fails, at least I'll know what I need to do to get it to pass

skov - 20/6/13 at 10:23 AM

Same here, I've been pretty much twiddling my thumbs for the last couple of weeks waiting for the test.
I just want to get it done now so I know what I need to fix!

Even if I do pass first time (which is unlikely!), it looks like I'm in for another long wait... I got an email from my local DVLA office (Peterborough) saying that the guy that deals with kits is off work until the 4th July, and then will only do inspections Thursday afternoons, so the earliest I can get them to look at it is probably going to be the 11th July

Acc8braman - 20/6/13 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Same here, I've been pretty much twiddling my thumbs for the last couple of weeks waiting for the test.
I just want to get it done now so I know what I need to fix!

Even if I do pass first time (which is unlikely!), it looks like I'm in for another long wait... I got an email from my local DVLA office (Peterborough) saying that the guy that deals with kits is off work until the 4th July, and then will only do inspections Thursday afternoons, so the earliest I can get them to look at it is probably going to be the 11th July

Try the Northampton office, see if you can make a PM appointment after the test and cancel if it doesn't go through?

That's what I'm planning

skov - 20/6/13 at 02:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Acc8braman

Try the Northampton office, see if you can make a PM appointment after the test and cancel if it doesn't go through?

That's what I'm planning

I did consider that, then did a search on here for Northampton DVLA...
The guy at Peterborough does at least seem to know what he's doing.

daveb666 - 24/6/13 at 07:40 PM

quote:

Good luck for tomorrow mate. Get a good nights sleep lol

skov - 24/6/13 at 08:46 PM

quote:
Good luck for tomorrow mate. Get a good nights sleep lol

Thanks mate!! I don't think I'll be doing much sleeping tonight though!

skov - 3/7/13 at 08:29 AM

Best of luck tomorrow Dave!

daveb666 - 3/7/13 at 01:00 PM

Thanks mate; I'm surprising scared!

skov - 3/7/13 at 01:23 PM

Ha ha, I know the feeling. I was terrified the day before mine! Think I was close to vomiting a few times from fear!
My nerves settled once I got to the test centre in one piece though, and the test itself was almost enjoyable.
Let us know how you get on!

daveb666 - 3/7/13 at 01:42 PM

I really don't know why I'm scared though; if it fails I get a job-list and it costs me a bit of money and time; if it passes it's a trip to the DVLA.

It shouldn't be this stressful!

rdodger - 3/7/13 at 02:36 PM

I was very stressed until it failed! After that the test was fine. At the end I had a specific list of jobs to get the pass. The down side of course is another day off work and a £90 retest fee.

Good Luck!

daveb666 - 3/7/13 at 02:58 PM

so you were less stressed when you didn't know the outcome? lol.

I've got my toolbox all packed and bits of trim, edging, glue, paint, tape, trolley jack etc etc

rdodger - 3/7/13 at 03:00 PM

No. I was stressed until I knew the outcome.

daveb666 - 4/7/13 at 08:21 AM

Failed, already lol.

Will do a full post when I get home :-(

rdodger - 4/7/13 at 08:23 AM

Gutted!

Feel less stressed?

Ben_Copeland - 4/7/13 at 10:55 AM

quote:
Failed, already lol.

Will do a full post when I get home :-(

95% of people do so nothing to be ashamed of.

skov - 4/7/13 at 11:45 AM

Gutted for you mate
Hoping it's not too bad a fail!

big_wasa - 4/7/13 at 12:43 PM

Your killing me here, whats what ?

daveb666 - 4/7/13 at 04:41 PM

So, IVA day.

Got there nice and early and unloaded
Description
Description

Description
Description

Got in, did the emissions test- failed. (Weird, water temp on 90 and car was very warm)

Gary (tester) said to let the car warm up some more. (Car fan come and on and off a couple of times it was that warm!)

Waited...waited...waited

Retested.... failed.

Asked Gary why it said "CAT" on his testing machine, and after a quick discussion it was agreed the car should be tested without a CAT on it (1993 engine), oops.

Gary played around with the machine and 2 minutes later I got a pass straight away. Phew, on to the next bit!

Moved up on to the ramp up and turned the car off. Up and down we go and Gary looked under the car, around the front wheels etc. Light test all done with some minor adjustments on the headlamps as expected.

Gary asked me to move the car forward and...it wouldn't start! Wondered if it was the battery, but turned over nice and fast! Waited 5 minutes, same thing. BOLLOX!

Gary said he'd complete as much of the test as he could so I'd hopefully fall under the 3hr (£300!) re-test category.

I went back to the waiting room to sulk. 55 minutes later Gary waves me into the testing area,

"I've managed to get the car started so we'll carry on!!!"

Back to the waiting room I go, and another 90 minutes (2.5hrs in total) later Gary brings back the sheet of paper to the office, with the FAIL information:

Description
Description

So -

Brake bias bar locking mechanism. I plan on adding a split pin (See other forum for info)

Seats - don't really understand that one, but I was going to replace them with GRP ones anyway so that's just speeded up that process!

Mirrors - this was mentioned in the original post but I thought they'd be OK. Apparently they're not, so new ones will be ordered.

Headlights - Gary forgot he let me adjust these so that technically shouldn't be there.

Not AS bad as it could have been. Need to sort out the hot-start issue too!

Ben_Copeland - 4/7/13 at 05:08 PM

So did you work out why it wouldn't restart?

daveb666 - 4/7/13 at 05:10 PM

Nope, can only assume its heat related.

skov - 4/7/13 at 05:11 PM

Well done, you've done the hard bit now!
Having to change the seats is a bit of a bummer, but the rest should be easy enough to fix.
Car looks great by the way!

rdodger - 4/7/13 at 06:49 PM

Re the headlights. PRS bit means they failed then were corrected, same as mine.

Mine failed on the mirrors due to the mounts being over 2.5mm and not radiused. Can you do that?

Gary had a good go at my seats (grp) and in the end let them go.

daveb666 - 4/7/13 at 06:59 PM

Rodger, where are your seats and mirrors from please?

rdodger - 4/7/13 at 08:06 PM

Mirrors are etech
http://www.autoinparts.com/Bodystyling_&_Lighting-Mirrors_and_Mirror_repair-F2_Speed_-_Mirrors/c995_98_100/index.html

Seats are from JWE and came with my kit. Very similar to

http://www.tritonraceseats.com/lowsideseat.htm

daveb666 - 22/7/13 at 08:28 AM

Passed it today. Get in :-)

40inches - 22/7/13 at 08:32 AM

Nice! Hope the DVLA are cooperative, still time for some Summer.

daniel mason - 22/7/13 at 08:43 AM

well done sir! just in time for summer

skov - 22/7/13 at 10:28 AM

Nice one Dave! Congratulations!

rdodger - 22/7/13 at 10:59 AM

Brilliant! Well done Dave.

daveb666 - 22/7/13 at 11:16 AM

Just driven to DVLA in Leeds (with car). Today is the day that, officially, new registrations are transferred to Swansea. By, they've decided they want to inspect the car so I'm back over to the inspection office next Monday at 10am.

I'm really enjoying this process [/sarcasm]

rdodger - 22/7/13 at 11:31 AM

It's worth it Dave.

I really felt that all the joy had been sucked out of it by the time I had been to the DVLA.

1 week later with tax disc and plates fitted and all the IVA bits returned to normal it's back! Spent the weekend playing and I love it.

It was well worth it!

daveb666 - 22/7/13 at 05:47 PM

Timeline updated for completness(will add DVLA bits on as and when)

May 27th - Docs Sent
June 14th - Phone call from VOSA - application processed and will be passed to centre today
June 19th - Chased; test date confirmed as 8am July 4th (even though the test centre still haven't rung me yet)
July 4th - IVA Test - FAIL
July 22nd - IVA Re-Test - PASS!!
July 22nd - Take docs to DVLA Leeds; appoint made for an inspection at Leeds DVLA @ July 29th

daveb666 - 29/7/13 at 02:56 PM

May 27th - Docs Sent
July 22nd - Take docs to DVLA Leeds; appoint made for an inspection at Leeds DVLA @ July 29th
July 29th - DVLA Inspection complete

rdodger - 29/7/13 at 05:33 PM

When will you get the tax disc Dave?

daveb666 - 30/7/13 at 07:18 AM

Honestly no idea!

Chap said that he'd usually go back to the office and do the paperwork there and then but as of 22nd July (as noted earlier) this has now been moved on to Swansea.... BUT he said he likes to make sure kits are done properly; therefore he will try and do the paperwork for me and if I get a tax disc etc in the next couple of days he's done it. If not, I have to wait up to 2 weeks for Swansea!

daveb666 - 7/8/13 at 02:41 PM

May 27th - Docs Sent
7th August - Phoned DVLA to check progress - they've no idea where my application might be

daveb666 - 8/8/13 at 12:57 PM

May 27th - Docs Sent
7th August - Phoned DVLA to check progress - they've no idea where my application might be
8th August - Phoned DVLA again as didn't get a phone call yesterday. They've no idea where my application is. There is nothing on the system, anywhere.

utter bollox.

daveb666 - 9/8/13 at 12:56 PM

Chased again today. "the team that processes these documents can't seem to lay their hands on your application".

I can't believe 3 months of turmoil and effort has turned in to this shower of shit. Bring back the local offices.

rdodger - 9/8/13 at 02:10 PM

Sounds like a nightmare Dave.

What are they going to do about it?

daveb666 - 9/8/13 at 02:27 PM

No idea! I just chased again as I was meant to be getting a call in an hour and never got one. Then after that a chap called me back from the MASEP department.

I explained to him that the documentation wouldn't be coming to his department (he deals with 'rebuilds' and 'number transfer' and that the documentation and evidence supported the car going on a '13 plate. He sounded as though he had a lightbulb moment, said "we're making progress now" and then said he'd call me back.

That was an hour ago. If he confirms it can go on a new reg I'm half tempted to tell him to wait till Sept 1st to get a '53

rdodger - 9/8/13 at 02:43 PM

How have you managed to apply for a new reg?

daveb666 - 9/8/13 at 02:44 PM

All the parts required for a new registration were new or rebuilt.

rdodger - 9/8/13 at 02:48 PM

I thought it was supposed to be all new parts apart from 1 reconditioned as new?

loggyboy - 9/8/13 at 02:57 PM

quote:
That was an hour ago. If he confirms it can go on a new reg I'm half tempted to tell him to wait till Sept 1st to get a '53

53 would be a late 2003!

kimbo1982 - 9/8/13 at 04:24 PM

quote:
No idea! I just chased again as I was meant to be getting a call in an hour and never got one. Then after that a chap called me back from the MASEP department.

I explained to him that the documentation wouldn't be coming to his department (he deals with 'rebuilds' and 'number transfer' and that the documentation and evidence supported the car going on a '13 plate. He sounded as though he had a lightbulb moment, said "we're making progress now" and then said he'd call me back.

Sounds like you are going through exactly what I did about a month ago now!
I can give you a number of the office that will be dealing with your application, saves having to go through all the automated bollocks, number to call is 01792 786806, you will probably get little help like me but this is the department that will be dealing with your application.
I advise to you would be to keep on there case daily as I did, and to make a formal complaint through there complaints team again as I did complaining about the poor service. I even sent an email to the CEO of the dvla explaining my views on the complete lack of competence of most of the dvla staff I'd spoken too. I think it was this that got things sorted for me in the end as things happened quite quickly after that email!

I hope you get some answers soon, but since Swansea took over the processing of applications it has gone to ruin.

Good luck

Paul.

daveb666 - 12/8/13 at 09:05 AM

kimbo; that department seems only to deal with q or 'donor' transfers, mine should be on a '13.

I phoned again this morning. It's 14 days today since the info was sent from Leeds - now "I can't speak to anyone until the application is officially overdue"

Laughable.

loggyboy - 12/8/13 at 09:21 AM

Sounds like your having a real shitter of an application. Hope things start getting better! Maybe its because of the 13 stigma, so waiting for a 63 might be better!

[Edited on 12-8-13 by loggyboy]

daveb666 - 12/8/13 at 09:55 AM

Just had a phonecall from Lee that deals with 'donor' or 'q registrations'; at least he was honest "Bottom line is we can't find your application".

Lee is now personally dealing with the matter and this won't affect my chances of a new registration apparently.

Obviously I have now lost my IVA certificate and all my original receipts. They have also had payment for the registration and tax for over 3 weeks.

New problem is; my insurance is chasing me for a registration number and are threatening to cancel the policy with no refund if I can't supply one.

Email has gone to the Chief Exec of the DVLA.

daveb666 - 12/8/13 at 12:12 PM

quote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email of 12 August to Malcolm Dawson, the Chief Executive of Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.

Your email is receiving attention and you will receive a full reply when we have completed our investigation.

I can obtain a new copy of the IVA certificate but I have to go to Chadderton to get it and it will cost £25!

big_wasa - 12/8/13 at 12:31 PM

I would take a photo copy of this one as it's nice to keep and you don't get it back once dvla are finished with it any way.

daveb666 - 12/8/13 at 12:51 PM

Well I'm not being out of pocket, and can't get to Chadderton without taking a days holiday off work.

Chap I spoke to said I didn't need to actually send anything other than a fresh application form, and a letter detailing exactly what was sent with the previous application!

Thankfully I do have copies of the receipts I sent, but unfortunately not the IVA certificate.

big_wasa - 12/8/13 at 02:35 PM

That will be on computer anyway, if it wasn't they would only have to ring.

daveb666 - 14/8/13 at 01:46 PM

May 27th - Docs Sent
8th August - Phoned DVLA again as didn't get a phone call yesterday. They've no idea where my application is. There is nothing on the system, anywhere.
9th August - Phoned DVLA - application still can't be found
12th August - Phoned DVLA - application confirmed as officially lost
14th August - New application documents received
14th August - New application document sent back to DVLA

ffs

40inches - 14/8/13 at 01:50 PM

quote:
May 27th - Docs Sent

ffs

And of course they will fast track the application!

daveb666 - 14/8/13 at 01:50 PM

Yeh I'm sure LOL

Told him if he's sticking to the 14-day rule to hang-off and give me a '63 lol

40inches - 14/8/13 at 01:53 PM

quote:
Yeh I'm sure LOL

Told him if he's sticking to the 14-day rule to hang-off and give me a '63 lol

At this rate it may be a '64

daveb666 - 15/8/13 at 08:43 AM

Progress - a lady from the Chief Exec's complaints office has just telephoned me to tell me my application has been found! A number plate was issued yesterday and I should receive my documents tomorrow or Saturday.

I wasn't convinced that they'd actually found the application, but they are also sending back all of my receipts apparently so I guess they must be telling the truth.

The lady confirmed the new registration to me over the phone, and I have got a '13

loggyboy - 15/8/13 at 09:00 AM

quote:
Progress - a lady from the Chief Exec's complaints office has just telephoned me to tell me my application has been found! A number plate was issued yesterday and I should receive my documents tomorrow or Saturday.

I wasn't convinced that they'd actually found the application, but they are also sending back all of my receipts apparently so I guess they must be telling the truth.

The lady confirmed the new registration to me over the phone, and I have got a '13

Whilst I'd be very pleased to get on the road, id be pissed off my new car will only be new (in the eyes of the public) for 2 weeks!

big_wasa - 15/8/13 at 09:19 AM

The new reg is one hell of an achievement, I would have been happy with a Q.

Very well done.

I hope you get plenty of miles on her for what's left of the year........

skov - 15/8/13 at 12:32 PM

Well done Dave!
Must have been a frustrating few weeks. I think you picked exactly the wrong time to try to register it, given they'd only just switched to processing it all at Swansea. Hopefully the process will get easier for people once they've done a few more and got the hang of it. Well you never know...

Get some plates on and enjoy it - you'll soon forget about all the hassle involved getting there

daveb666 - 20/8/13 at 07:04 AM

For completeness I thought I'd update the thread with the final dates; took the DVLA 3 weeks to sort themselves out in the end

May 27th - Docs Sent
15th August - DVLA complaints office phones and tells me the application is found
19th August - Tax disc and receipts all received back
20th August - MAIDEN VOYAGE!

Description
Description

Description
Description

Also, to help others out, here are some phone numbers of the relevant departments within the DVLA:

DONOR REG / QPLATES - MASET DEPT - 01792 782152
The manager of this department is called Lee

CHIEF EXECs COMPLAINTS OFFICE - 01792 788351

All the best for anyone else having to go through this process; bottom line - never give up. Phone daily once it gets passed 9 days of your application being submitted.