Board logo

Front Indicators & Side Repeaters
Jaybeee - 15/11/10 at 11:31 PM

I’ve got to stage where I need to fit the front indicators & side repeaters. I know there have been a number of posts on this matter but I thought (there’s a first) I would ask again in case there is a definitive answer on where to fit them!

My plan was to fit the side repeaters on the outside edge of the front wheel arch and the front indicators on the nosecone. I believe the side repeater needs to be visible along the side of the car at a 5 degree angle from the rear of the car once you have lost site of the rear indicator. For the front I believe they need to be visible from a 45degree angle to the right hand side on the passenger side and a 45 degree angle to left on the drivers side. From what I understand the front indicators need to be visible from a 15 degree angle top and bottom. Is there a minimum and/or maximum distance from the outside edge and is there a minimum or maximum height from the ground.

big-vee-twin - 16/11/10 at 09:28 AM

You will find the dims in the IVA manual but it is 400mm from the edge, think the minimum height is 350mm with 500mm minimum seperation

stevegough - 16/11/10 at 02:56 PM

I put my side repeaters on the front of my rear wheelarch - putting them on the front arches may mean they won't always be visible from the rear 5 degree angle? As long as they are within 2600mm of the front there is no problem. - this equates to about halfway along the rear arch.

Here's the rear 5 degree view of the side repeater.

Description
Description