Board logo

what and where to get centre mirror?
bassett - 18/3/09 at 11:03 AM

Hi, after a search i realise i need a centre rear view mirror. i have a racetech mirror set but doubt it will make the radius test. Can anyone recommend a central mirror that will pass sva mounted to scuttle as i dont have a screen.
Cheers
Adam

tomgregory2000 - 18/3/09 at 11:06 AM

Halfords self adhesive mirror passed
One of these

[Edited on 18/3/09 by tomgregory2000]

bassett - 18/3/09 at 11:37 AM

will it be ok to mount that upside down as isnt it intended to be mounted on the screen?
Thanks
Adam

Dangle_kt - 18/3/09 at 11:44 AM

it looks ok in his photo archive.
No screen there.
Front complete
Front complete

tendoshingan - 18/3/09 at 11:45 AM

I used a Fiat Punto one, turned around and upside down.
Works great

twybrow - 18/3/09 at 11:47 AM

the Halfords one doesn't tilt enough to see anything other than sky (been there, tried that!).

I just recieved my Racetech one from MNR after searching on here. I understood it will pass with a bit of trim around the mount... Can anyone confirm?

welderman - 18/3/09 at 11:58 AM

ive used a mirror from new mini, upside down, looks cool Rescued attachment finnished.JPG..JP.JPG..JPG
Rescued attachment finnished.JPG..JP.JPG..JPG

tomgregory2000 - 18/3/09 at 12:02 PM

the halfords one tilts more one way up more that the other but just turn it over, all i can see through mine is the roll bar anyway and even the tester said it was pointless but had to be fitted, but its coming off soon and my racetec one is going on

YQUSTA - 18/3/09 at 12:15 PM

My suction 1 is in the shed there ok and you get a vision of sorts in a 7 but it now doesnt stay stuck for long.

adithorp - 18/3/09 at 12:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bassett
will it be ok to mount that upside down as isnt it intended to be mounted on the screen?
Thanks
Adam

Yes, that is a problem 'cos then the image will be the wrong way up...won't it???

adrian

ps. I know you mean the mounting angle but I couldn't resist!

Davey D - 18/3/09 at 12:37 PM

Mine has just arrived this morning. i ordered a racetech one from Europa, and then some rubber U trim im going to cut down from Woolies

Vindi_andy - 18/3/09 at 01:01 PM

Im getting one from CBS on a stalk which they say in their cat is SVA OK

Its MINT something or other

James - 18/3/09 at 01:29 PM

Always been happy with my Mk2 Golf one.

It's big enough to get a good view out the back.

Once through SVA you can strip the rubber casing off the stalk and it's quite nice cast ali lattice work underneath!

Cheers,
James

bassett - 18/3/09 at 07:00 PM

Thanks for all the replies. as ive got the racetech one sitting down stairs can anyone confirm for sva i can fit that if radiused and if youve done it where has the trim been used.
Cheers
Adam

Jasper - 19/3/09 at 10:39 AM

I used a SPA design one with a sharp edge, just put some very small rubber edge trim around it and it was fine.... Woolies sell it, about £1 a meter.