Board logo

cycle wing edging
iiyama - 6/2/09 at 11:37 AM

Will I need to put edging on these? If so is it required all round? Or just on the front edge and maybe back along the sides for an inch or two?

fesycresy - 6/2/09 at 11:43 AM

I would say yes, herringbone all the way around.

cloudy - 6/2/09 at 11:43 AM

Which cycle wings are they?

iiyama - 6/2/09 at 11:46 AM

they're mine!!! LOL

Actually they are a Dax copy, I took a mould from the originals and then made em out of carbon.

Anyway, back to a more serious note, edging?? Herringbone is not an option!!!!!!

cloudy - 6/2/09 at 11:52 AM

no no back to the cycle wings! Can you make more?

nick205 - 6/2/09 at 12:00 PM

They will need covering fully for SVA IMHO.

IIRC you can get herringbone with and without internal metal springing. Get the one without which shouldn't damage the wings and then let it fall off post SVA.

iiyama - 6/2/09 at 12:09 PM

Was going to use rubber u section with a dab of super glue in the underside edge. Just wasnt sure if a/ It was needed and b/ if it was needed all round!

Yup, can make as many as I like!!

coozer - 6/2/09 at 12:13 PM

Well, as pointed out before fit a HUGE indicator carring bull bar and theres no need to spoil the wings.

No trim round my cycle wings at SVA. They were behind the front of the car so out of the test.

Oh, and how much are you charging for a pair??

Steve

[Edited on 6/2/09 by coozer]

iiyama - 6/2/09 at 12:17 PM

So because I have these:-

I dont need edging??? Result!!!!

£185 a pair inc P+P. Pre preg carbon face ply backed up with two ply of pre preg glass.

coozer - 6/2/09 at 12:23 PM

This is mine on the day, no trim passed OK. Rescued attachment SVA.JPG
Rescued attachment SVA.JPG

iiyama - 6/2/09 at 12:28 PM

cool, maybe wait and see if Southampton accept them without then.

mcerd1 - 6/2/09 at 12:34 PM

dax sell you some small rubber edging stuff for this (come in one of the packs or a couple of £)

most people seem to attach it with silicon and it mysteriously falls off on the way home from the test

I'm sure someone on the other forum will have some spare

RoadkillUK - 6/2/09 at 01:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iiyama
Was going to use rubber u section with a dab of super glue in the underside edge. Just wasnt sure if a/ It was needed and b/ if it was needed all round!

Yup, can make as many as I like!!

We used small rubber U section on ours for SVA in 2004. It's still on now, that superglue was good.

philhoward - 6/2/09 at 01:35 PM

Try Seals + Direct for rubber U channel trim. It can be found on the extrusion page