Board logo

SVA Bike Clocks
spdpug98 - 29/12/08 at 12:24 PM

Tried a search but could not find the answer

Has anyone had any problems using the standard bike clocks in the centre of the dash with the SVA

I am planning on using the standard R1 clocks in the middle of the dash and was hoping it would'nt be a problem

iceman26 - 29/12/08 at 12:35 PM

iuse my fazer ones with no problem just put some large o rings aronud the raised edges

adithorp - 29/12/08 at 01:06 PM

Mine passed ok without comment. I put a hood over it to stop them getting the head-form thing too near as the left hand side was outside the exclusion zone. As it turned out they never checked the radii with the tools, just ran his hand over.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z282/adrianthorp/Pre-SVA003.jpg

adrian

eznfrank - 29/12/08 at 01:58 PM

You may well need a speedo healer too.

spdpug98 - 29/12/08 at 02:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
You may well need a speedo healer too.

Thanks for all the replies, looks like I should be OK, are they just fixed directly through the dash and did you have to round the main edges of the clocks

Thanks for the heads up on the speedo healer but I have one on order with my kit.

stuart_g - 29/12/08 at 03:08 PM

Why not make a fiberglass housing for them and sink it into the dash as I did. It passed SVA as it is and angles the clocks toward you so they are easier to read. Rescued attachment Dash with wind deflector.JPG
Rescued attachment Dash with wind deflector.JPG

adithorp - 29/12/08 at 03:14 PM

I made a template in card that it sat in. Then transfered that to the dash and cut it out. I used the mounting holes in the back to bolt it to the dash with brackets, with the clocks in from the rear up to the ridge that runs around them.

I didn't round off anything on the clocks. I just used the "hood" to stop them getting the head-form in near it. The hood was due to fall off after SVA but it grew on me... and stops the passenger reading the speedo!

Picture without hood...

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z282/adrianthorp/fury087.jpg

...and the hole...

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z282/adrianthorp/fury082.jpg

adrian

spdpug98 - 29/12/08 at 03:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuart_g
Why not make a fiberglass housing for them and sink it into the dash as I did. It passed SVA as it is and angles the clocks toward you so they are easier to read.

I like that, it looks the business...I think I may go that way

bassett - 29/12/08 at 05:50 PM

Just wondering why does no one put them behind the steering wheel like in your everyday tin top?

adithorp - 29/12/08 at 06:46 PM

I didn't have enough room.

adrian

stuart_g - 29/12/08 at 07:38 PM

I wanted the clocks to be behind the steering wheel. It would have been a nightmare mounting them with all the different angles of the scuttle panel and with my OMP steering wheel I fitted after SVA I wouldn't be able to see all of the dash.

bigrich - 29/12/08 at 11:55 PM

heres mine