Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fu**ing Fiddly SVA bits (BIG TIP)
wilkingj

posted on 14/4/06 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Fu**ing Fiddly SVA bits (BIG TIP)

What a Day... Its taken me all morning to put the rubber bits around the cut-outs on the steering and suspension holes.

OK I have used thin rubber and not the thick herringbone metal insert type.

Take a BIT TIP from me... Bond all those bits on BEFORE you put on the wishbones and shocks, its much easier.... Guess how I found out how tedious it is.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyharding

posted on 14/4/06 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Or for an easier life don't bother. The edges only need trimming if you can touch them with the sphere.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

Donners90

posted on 15/4/06 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Also check other edges are radiused. I failed SVA on two external radiuses as they were contactable by the 190mm radius ball:
1- the underside of the headlamp bracket
2- the SS exhaust surround

I have stuck on the plastic coated metal u section on both areas. It looks soooo ugly, but guess what'll be the first thing coming off after it passes !!!!

[Edited on 15-4-2006 by Donners90] Rescued attachment 100_0397.jpg
Rescued attachment 100_0397.jpg

Donners90

posted on 15/4/06 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
...and the exhaust surround Rescued attachment 100_0395.jpg
Rescued attachment 100_0395.jpg

wilkingj

posted on 15/4/06 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
I have been looking at that this morning. I was going to cut up some strips for the exhaust escrutcheon, and then fit them just before I drove in the gate, as I recon they may melt and put black gooey shyte all over the stainless.

Good thing about the light mounts, how did you get it to stay on where the Tube is welded through or did you cut it down and glue it on.

Best Regards
Geoff

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 15/4/06 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Geoff

I found it easier to just let them (SVA man) fail the bits they didnt like the radius on then while your on your test T-break rubber up.

I'm sure they will find something you have not covered, thats why we made up the SVA box and pass it round.

rusty nuts

posted on 15/4/06 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Used the thick herringbone stuff on the front edge of my silencer , hasn't melted yet got some spare if you need it also used it on front wings, body holes etc .
wilkingj

posted on 15/4/06 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Melvyn, Thanks, I have plenty of herringbone U shaped rubber.

Have sent you a U2U.

Regards
Geoff

Best Regards
Geoff

wilkingj

posted on 15/4/06 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob
Geoff

I'm sure they will find something you have not covered, thats why we made up the SVA box and pass it round.

I have thought of that as well, but want to cover as much as I can... less to do on the SVA day.

Whats in your SVA box, it would be useful to know what to take, a list would be most useful. Have put in my SVA application this morning, so need to crack on

[Edited on 15/4/2006 by wilkingj]

Best Regards
Geoff

bob

posted on 16/4/06 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Geoff

The SVA box is full of all the normal U shaped trim as well as extra rubber hosing and cable ties,pushbike innertube and some glue,bits of vinyl,velcro,pipe lagging,rack gators (shock covers)and SVA padded mountney steering wheel(donated by scutter)and just about anything thats left over from other peoples build including the tifosi nut covers.

Oh and one of the bargains was a radius gauge i found on ebay for £3 that gets you ahead of the game,seems to be the most used tool in the man with the white coats pocket.

I know that pipe lagging has been deemed a no no by some SVA centres but if i can find the pic of my dash at time of test it will make you laugh.

bob

posted on 16/4/06 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
And this passedImage deleted by owner

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.