Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Velocity Throttle pedal position
coovey

posted on 18/7/05 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Velocity Throttle pedal position

At the moment my throttle pedal sits in front of the brake and is in a bit of an uncomfortable postion.

How has any one else fitted thiers and whats the best way to alter the postion?

The pic shows how it is at the top for reference. Rescued attachment velocity build 341.jpg
Rescued attachment velocity build 341.jpg

rusty nuts

posted on 21/7/05 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Try adjusting the throttle cable so you have more slack in it , this will lower the pedal to a more comfortable height . If cable has insufficient adjustment bend the pedal . Fit a pedal stop as well so that you don't strain the cable when you have full throttle..
wilkingj

posted on 22/7/05 at 06:00 AM Reply With Quote
Drill a hole below the throttle cable in the upright part of the bracket, and Put a LARGE bolt through, Bolt Head on (against) the pedal side. Secure with two nuts either side of the bracket. Adjust the length of the bolt for instant and adjuatable Pedal stop mechanism!.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coovey

posted on 22/7/05 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
wilkingj what a fantastic idea the simple ones are always the best i just don't seems to think of them

wilkingj

posted on 23/7/05 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Ha Ha!!... neither do I... I saw it on another locost..

I visit the shows, and look at the builds and see what I dont and do like.. and pinch ideas!..

I have built two land Rovers from scratch. however, this build is harder, as there are no set places or plans.. you just do what you think is right. hence I took a lot of piccies of the Luego Demonstrater and have them in my archive (on here) just for ideas, and to see where they put bits, and what they did. I am sure that everyone will help each other... thats what the forum is for.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.