Board logo

seatbelt fixings
stuiesav - 18/8/08 at 09:47 PM

Hi there... Wonder if anyone can offer some assistance.. so nearing completion of my viento - and just fixing seatbelt harness in place. Can see the obvious place where the belt goes on the roll bars, however - no obvious fixings in the cars... Anyone got any suggestions / pictures that I can follow???

Thanks in advance,

Stuart.

kenton - 18/8/08 at 09:56 PM

Hi there,
v easy to find... bracket with a hole welded to bottom chassis rail at rear of seat area. If you have put the tunnel sides on the bracket will be behind the tunnel side.

simonk - 18/8/08 at 10:04 PM

That's on the tunnel side - from memory on mine the hole was drilled in the reinforcing web on the outerside but not drilled through the thin steel plate that forms the inner rear wheelarch - I had to drill that through. 2 x 12mm suspension washers should take up each gap between the alloy tunnel side panel and the drilled triangular web in the chassis by the diff nose. Hope that helps.
Simon

stuiesav - 18/8/08 at 10:07 PM

so this is an old chassis - had it for around 4 years - i am told this was a "missing hole" that was not pre-drilled for me... 8-)

Paul (Notts) - 19/8/08 at 06:40 AM

The following 3 pics show the bracket drilled on the wheel side , The fitting from the inside and the bracket on the transmission tunnel side ( note the large square washer between the ally and the bracket to space the fitting out)

If you are still unsure I can probably find other pics. Rescued attachment 1.jpg
Rescued attachment 1.jpg

Paul (Notts) - 19/8/08 at 06:41 AM

2 Rescued attachment 2.jpg
Rescued attachment 2.jpg

Paul (Notts) - 19/8/08 at 06:41 AM

3 Rescued attachment 3.jpg
Rescued attachment 3.jpg

stuiesav - 19/8/08 at 06:58 AM

Paul - you are a star - thanks so much - massively helpful!