Board logo

Bad Service
mistergrumpy - 2/1/08 at 11:20 PM

Well, I've been umming and ahing whether to post now for a while but I feel I should as people post to comment on good service so I feel I should comment on the bad service I'm receiving. I had posted previously to this but was asked to remove it by Ben of Luego as it would only lead to moaning but I feel it is only just. I ordered a rear panel and rear wings 94 days ago now and was quoted 10 days delivery. I finally received goods on the 23rd November which where badly packaged and as such were damaged and to be honest after paying top whack I wanted decent goods. So an e mail and telephone call were made and photos sent and I was assured it would be sorted soon. This isn't the case. I'm now peed off with having to constantly ring and find the other person working with Ben (Stuart?) very rude and am being told now that the holidays are playing havoc with deliveries. This ain't so true as I've still received products from Woolies and Rally Design. If I can offer a little advice it's to keep a hold of your hard earned as it seems there's trouble at the inn so to speak.

Howlor - 2/1/08 at 11:23 PM

Oh dear. Hope you get it sorted mate.

mistergrumpy - 2/1/08 at 11:25 PM

So do I. I'm desperate to make progress. If only to balance the sodding things on, smile, take a photo then remove them again. It just feels like progress and spurs me on more.

worX - 2/1/08 at 11:26 PM

I hope you get it sorted soon to mate.
It's horrible when stuff like that happens.
I did read your previous post, and it sounded a bit off then... (not against you by the way!)

Steve

mistergrumpy - 2/1/08 at 11:29 PM

Cheers Steve. I don't feel I'm being unreasonable. Especially when its cost me £300+ that I had to save up for to afford which makes it worse

Howlor - 2/1/08 at 11:33 PM

Do we have any local guys who can pop in and try and sort it out for you face to face?

Steve

mistergrumpy - 2/1/08 at 11:37 PM

Ah thats part of the problem as I see it. Luego is based in Aberdeen but he seems to sub out the sharp end of the work to places in England but I just don't know where. I know where the old bodywork people were but he's moved the moulds to someone else. To me and it's unfortunate, the arse just doesn't know what the elbow is doing because of the distance.

[Edited on 2/1/08 by mistergrumpy]

Fozzie - 2/1/08 at 11:51 PM

Aww mistergrumpy, that just sucks!

Like Steve, I saw your original post.......and hoped it was just one of those glitches...for your sake......

I really hope you get it sorted soon.....

Fozzie

speedyxjs - 3/1/08 at 07:27 AM

That doesnt sound good. Its a shame when customer service is as bad as that, especially when word of mouth is the best way of building a bussiness

Mr Whippy - 3/1/08 at 08:40 AM

I can't understand why he's needing to get stuff made in England, there's a good glassfiber workshop in town and an even bigger one at Inverurie that even does carbon stuff (that’s just 20mins from Aberdeen). If you paid by credit card I’d take it up with them and ask to get your money back, goods not fit for purpose. Having to wait almost 100 days to get some simple panels is absurd.

I’d also tell Luego that unless it’s resolved pronto you WILL be posting on here about it. They spend a lot on advertising and you posting negative comments on here will scare the crap out them, especially as it costs you nothing to do so.

02GF74 - 3/1/08 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
there's trouble at the inn so to speak.

I'm probably wrong but I thought Luego had ceased trading? Have they? Or has someone else picked up the batton?

Maybe if it is the case, could account for your troubles?

Mr Whippy - 3/1/08 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
there's trouble at the inn so to speak.

I'm probably wrong but I thought Luego had ceased trading? Have they? Or has someone else picked up the batton?

Maybe if it is the case, could account for your troubles?

well their website looks healthy, infact it's quite good but then JBA engineering still have theirs going and they stopped trading years ago. That's the problem with ordering parts from the web.

mistergrumpy - 3/1/08 at 11:06 AM

No no Luego are still trading. I believe they went bust (or just stopped trading) under Dean? (who incidentally provided me with excellent service, hence my return to them) and now Ben has taken over the reigns. I have received a phone call just over half an hour ago stating that the panels will be here in within a couple of days, so he must read the forum. I'm getting excited now at the thought of a bit of progress

[Edited on 3/1/08 by mistergrumpy]

Mr Whippy - 3/1/08 at 11:32 AM

that's good news

I bet most 7 suppliers keep an eye on this site, including Darren.

Fozzie - 3/1/08 at 11:34 AM

ooOOOOoo excellent news.....

Keep us posted!

ATB Fozzie

mistergrumpy - 3/1/08 at 11:45 AM

Cheers. I secretly wanted to have the car all but squared off for Summer (I say secretly in case it hears me and decides to play up ) but I'm not so sure what with time and work commitments.

Fozzie - 3/1/08 at 12:05 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself.....

It takes a while to start seeing that glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel....and then, a corner is turned, and that light starts getting bigger and brighter....a lot quicker.......

I am sure once your bits arrive from Luego.....it will give you added enthusiasm....
Just do a couple of hours a week, more whenever you can......it will soon get there!

ATB Fozzie

Mr Whippy - 3/1/08 at 01:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie

It takes a while to start seeing that glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel....and then, a corner is turned, and that light starts getting bigger and brighter....a lot quicker.......

stay away from the light! Rescued attachment gist.jpg
Rescued attachment gist.jpg

Fozzie - 3/1/08 at 01:05 PM

mistergrumpy - 3/1/08 at 02:07 PM

02GF74 - 3/1/08 at 02:34 PM

quote:
I have received a phone call just over half an hour ago stating that the panels will be here in within a couple of days, so he must read the forum. I'm getting excited now at the thought of a bit of progress

woo hoo!!! Great news.

Just goes to show the power of the internet!

Let's hope this was a glitch and make sure you redress the balance when parts arrive.

The way to judge any company is how they respond when the buyer has problems.

mistergrumpy - 7/1/08 at 11:30 AM

Hooray the stuff's arrived about an hour ago. It seems that manufacturing has changed to Motivation Cars and the quality of the panels is even better than older Luego stuff I have received. Its laid up a lot thicker and so doesn't flex as much.Packaging was a lot better too so it looks like the rain is due to stop soon and I'll be off to the garage

Fozzie - 7/1/08 at 11:47 AM

Wooooooooooooo-Hoooooooooooooooooooo

Brilliant news mistergrumps!

Piccies soon please!

ATB Fozzie

mistergrumpy - 7/1/08 at 11:54 AM

Indeed. As soon as the rain lays off I'll try and wheel it outside for a picture. I might even drive it out

Peteff - 7/1/08 at 12:05 PM

Watch out it's usually a train coming towards you . Have they taken the old panels back and supplied replacements, if so that is a result and they deserve a commendation.

mistergrumpy - 7/1/08 at 12:15 PM

The old panels will be taken back soon yes and these are replacements. It seems there was too many problems with the old manufacturer and Ben swapped. I cannot commend the delivery time, but hopefully that will now be sorted for future customers but I can highly recommend the the new bodywork quality. Very good.

bill132hotrod - 10/1/08 at 10:39 PM

Hi there Mr grumpy i'm a new member to this site and iv'e just bought a kit from ben and if you wish to give me a call i can tell you what you want to know ref luego body panels.

mistergrumpy - 10/1/08 at 10:48 PM

Its okay thanks mate. I now have all the panels I need. Thanks anyway.