Board logo

Possible dashobard layouts - opinons anyone?
Paradoxia0 - 9/4/07 at 09:32 PM

Hi All

Been busy the last few days sorting odds and sods and generally having fun with my mechano set in the sun!

I got round to making a dashboard that fits quite nicely and decided before starting to cut holes for dials etc I'd have a play on the PC and see what my options were...

Can you let me know your opinions on them please? I need to add a switch for the radiator fan and fog light but that should be easy enough to add.

Thanks

Mark

Description
Description

RazMan - 9/4/07 at 09:34 PM

Bottom one without a doubt

rayward - 9/4/07 at 09:44 PM

another variation...

Ray

Avoneer - 9/4/07 at 09:48 PM

I like the top one.

Looks the most un-cluttered.

Pat...

Avoneer - 9/4/07 at 09:50 PM

Mine:

locoboy - 9/4/07 at 10:01 PM

Here's my old one

[img][/img]

907 - 9/4/07 at 10:40 PM

Yup. Top one. Simple but effective.

Paul G

speedyxjs - 10/4/07 at 06:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 907
Yup. Top one. Simple but effective.

I agree but i also think the second one looks very modern.

Marlon - 10/4/07 at 08:24 AM

I like the second one too.
john.

Catpuss - 10/4/07 at 09:04 AM

Yep, top two. The bottom one's indicator lights are too busy.

Hammerhead - 10/4/07 at 09:17 AM

top one here too

Gergely - 10/4/07 at 09:20 AM

Top one for me, but bottom one not ugly either...

Gergely

iank - 10/4/07 at 09:36 AM

Second one for me, but you need to put the switchgear on to decide for sure (IMO)

Might be worth adding the steering wheel exemption area on the CAD while you're at it.

gingerprince - 10/4/07 at 11:08 AM

I quite like the second one as something a bit different, however in all cases I think you're better with at least the telltale lights above your steering wheel in line of sight - you're much more likely to notice an oil warning light quicker if it's line of sight, rather than the next time you check your speedo.

Bluemoon - 10/4/07 at 12:19 PM

Top..

Dan

wilkingj - 10/4/07 at 09:19 PM

Friggin 'Eck... Its only a dashboard.

Make it, and if you dont like it make another. They arre not expensive to make, its the gauges that cost the money (if all new)

What you making it out of? Cold Pressed Latinum
Try some wood and a decent covering, and make several!

PS... My Dash is like the top one.

Angel Acevedo - 11/4/07 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
I quite like the second one as something a bit different, however in all cases I think you're better with at least the telltale lights above your steering wheel in line of sight - you're much more likely to notice an oil warning light quicker if it's line of sight, rather than the next time you check your speedo.

Agree on the indicator lights, for me any of the two bottom ones.

Steve Lovelock - 12/4/07 at 06:38 AM

Well, I am going to cheat and copy the Caterham layout because I think it looks really professional: Rescued attachment dashboard2.jpg
Rescued attachment dashboard2.jpg

Paradoxia0 - 18/4/07 at 10:50 PM

Thanks for your input one and all.

(sorry I didn't respond before but my subscription to the thread wasnt't working and I thought you were all ignoring me!)

I am currently making the second one to see what it looks like, and I think I agree about the warning lights all being above the wheel. Separated as they are would make it harder to spot what was what.

Once it is complete I will post up the finished article

Mark