Board logo

Viento Wheels - How much extra space
rickys2000 - 8/4/07 at 03:54 PM

As the title says.............Does any one have a Viento standard rear wheel (w/o tyre if poss) I could either borrow for a few hours or if not, could someone please measure the exact distance between the inner and outer edges of the wheel and a) the top edge of the upright going towards the damper and b) the inner lipped edge of the rear arch. I intend, well hopefully, to fill my arches with lots of rubber, but before I go ahead and order anything I need to be 100% certain that I don't overcook the sizes.
thx
Ricky

Paul (Notts) - 8/4/07 at 04:40 PM

Can take some pics and do some measurements tomorrow if no one else chips in..

Fitted my rear arches a few weeks ago and now know I need to space the wheels out by 10mm to fit better and give a little more clearance from the rear springs.

rear wheel is 8 inch wide with 235 tyre I think. may have looked better with wider rubber but this would prob affect rear grip too much?

Paul Rescued attachment nov06 055.jpg
Rescued attachment nov06 055.jpg

wilkingj - 8/4/07 at 05:33 PM

I have 17" wheel. 9" wide, (235 tyre as well).

ET 20, and then had to put on 20mm Hubcentric spacers to get it near to the edge of the outer wing.

I wish I had probably gone 10" with ET 0 and no spacers. I have not measured that scenario, so not sure if it would work. But my 9" ET 20 rim with 235 works OK.
Would look nicer with 265 on the back.

Have 205/17/40 on 8" ET38 rims on front. Std Sierra format.